It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi all! New here
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 pm 
Hey everyone,

thought I'd make a little introductory post about myself.

I became a fan of BSG after a friend introduced me to the series due to some odd details in my life that reminded him of the show. I had a room fan in my room that LOOKED like a Cylon and he said I reminded him of Laura Roslin. This friend was not one for comparisons so that alone peaked my interest.

This conversation was the day before "The Story So Far" aired with Laura Roslin narrating. I promptly went out and bought the miniseries and season 1 and caught up that way.

When BSG came to an end, I also found my life as it had been come to an end. I had lived my entire life to that point in Florida around the same people and about a month prior to the finale's airing, I decided I'd upend my life and move to Texas.

I watched the first half of the finale at home, but stayed up with said friend to watch the full show later that night. As the series came to an end and we said our goodbyes, so too did I say my goodbyes to this friend and the life I'd had.

I found myself pulled back into the world when CAPRICA aired. I know it wasn't what a lot of people enjoyed, even BSG fans, but I found the story and the characters to be so alive in my mind that, unlike with many shows, I couldn't guess what would happen next. Things just seemed to happen so organically (which some I know thought was too slow) but I enjoyed the show and have spent some time even writing a continuation of the series storyline.

I'm a huge film music fan and a composer myself. I have written stories for a few different genre's and even was involved in a few writing groups for Star Trek and Jurassic Park.

I am really loving the site so far and hope to get a bit more involved once I can catch up on all the reading as there seems to be a great amount of it! heh

Anyway, thanks for having me!

Post subject: Re: Hi all! New here
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 pm 
Site Boss
Hello Leo and welcome to Battlestar Central. Glad we were finally able to get your account straight! Thank you for visiting and joining. I would like to extend a personal invitation to you to submit any works of Fan Fic here that you have either written or plan to write. It doesn't even have to be BSG related. If you want to post in a new area you don't see please feel free to contact the staff here and we'll put it up for you.

Again welcome and I hope to see a lot more of you.

Sincerely

Hazend
Site Admin

Post subject: Re: Hi all! New here
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:33 am 
Yes! I'm glad that we could get it all squared away heh

Right now I'm working on two projects.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: RENEGADES

This short story is for a friend of mine who wanted a backstory for his cosplay character when he goes to conventions. I'm about halfway through that. It takes place just as the 'Apocalypse' is about to begin stretching from life on Picon before the attack, the first wave, destruction of Fleet Headquarters, through to the Raptor's arrival at the Civilian fleet and the merging at RAGNAR.

The second project I'm working on now is a continuation of the CAPRICA storyline.

I found that the story had a lot of underpinnings that were important to the Battlestar Mythos and although not quite as 'action' oriented, the characters and their development, the seemingly unimportant and mundane choices they made, and the push towards the eventuality of the Cylon war, I found compelling and fascinating.

I'm still developing that story right now and how best to approach it and write it. Ideally I'd like to eventually do some sort of Audio-version with either a narrator or narrator and actors. Music and sfx edited in as well. We'll see once I get to it.

I haven't looked to see where best to post any of this yet but I'll look and start posting some soon :-)