It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Episode 6: Cry Havoc
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:43 pm 
Site Gunslinger
A curse will fall upon the noblest man--
children will take up arms
and cry havoc upon their homes.
The fury of revenge will range the stars,
And hot from hell will rise destruction
that will change the tides of time.

- Virgon author Cassandra Wilhelm, “King of Jupiter”

Previously on Battlestar Libra…

After escaping the cylons in Cassiopeia, the fleet, now sixteen ships strong, has time to rest. And mourn. And heal. New alliances are forged: Toni Seda and Tommy Templeton, Kalrk and Psyque D’Argent, Robert Exter and Mark Ladin… What’s left of the Cordelli family is reunited, but old wounds still bleed. The recent dead are honored in a ceremony broadcast to the entire fleet, where The Honorable and Most Reverend Lisa Falls reads from the sacred scrolls of demons and righteous wrath. Promotions are handed out…

But evil does not rest. The CAG, Kraig Maur is killed, a victim of sabotage; Gryffin, too, is having trouble with its missile launching systems. And a security guard aboard Grandeur is found murdered: another murder to be investigated by Ms Liza Liala, acting Director of C.B.I.

And rumors of cylon collaborators begin to circulate among the fleet…

Last edited by GoldWolf on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:56 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
Previously on Battlestar Libra...

-Destroyer Douglas J. Griffyn-

The talk of Cylon Collaborators had spread throughout the fleet like a virus... much like the one now wreaking havoc in five of Griffyn's missile batteries. The missile batteries were disconnected from their loaders, and harmless. But there was no telling the ramifications of a Cylon virus in ANY system on the ship.

Cylon Collaborators... the idea was horrific! How could they possibly help the Cylons, after all that's happened? News of the saboteur on Grandeur and the findings on Libra were most disturbing... putting Herald on guard even more for his own ship.

D9 1000

"A CYLON virus," Herald repeated into the handset with eyes wide open.

"Yes sir, it's in the targeting system memory banks," the technician on the other end said.

"Okay, I want to meet with you and your team in fifteen minutes for a report on our options," Herald said, and then hung up the handset. In the fifty minutes since the problem was discovered, they had found the virus, and a partial cause. During the initial fight on Day Zero with the Cylons, due to all of the incoming ordnance and Raiders, a technician had networked missile batteries that guarded the more critical areas of the ship, to increase the reaction time from Griffyn.

After the fight, the network had been disconnected, and nothing mentioned about it. Herald didn't like this, NO ONE mentioned a computer network on his ship, after he ranted and raved about how much he didn't like the idea. The part of the whole situation that got him the most was: no one mentioned it. This was what had gotten the fleet in trouble so far... like the destruction of Major Maur's Viper on Libra... the military had began slacking in their ability to keep tabs on things.

Now it was time to crack down, Herald had been thinking it constantly since he heard of Major Maur's death....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:09 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Previously on Battlestar Libra....

Kalrk, President and CEO of Kalrk Industries, defended several civilan ships from cylon raiders on "The Day" of the attack. His private ship, Mercurius was no longer secretely armed, after he had destroyed a number of the toasters.

Now, he was trying to reveal that the cylons had evolved in the forty years since their last contact with Humanity; the cylons were now flesh and blood. He knew this because he was a cylon himself. he didn't want the humans to find out, or they'd lumpo him with all the cylons and kill him.

He had given himself a new task: to defend this last remnant of Humanity. He couldn't do that if he were imprisoned or dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:08 am 
Previously on Libra

Psy has come face to face with her past and her fathers experiments on her experiments based on cylon technology. For the first time ever she has shared some of that info with another person. Kalrk the man she has been assigned to guard. A man who makes her feel alive in way’s she did not know existed. Now they have to figure out a way to reveal that there are bio cylons in the fleet with out giving away her own secretes. They have a plan and an appointment with the commander at 1300.

Whether or not you ever show up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:09 am 
1005, Day 09
Astral Dawn

Kalrk and Psy had contacted Libra, that she wanted to speak privately with Commander Rodrigues. Her scheduled appointment was for 1300 hours.

So, to pass the time, the pair had agreed that they needed to release their frustrations. After breakfast aboard Astral Dawn, they headed to a gym.

Having quickly used the changing room facilities, Psy joined Kalrk in the gym. He was all ready in the process of ending the life of a punching bag. Psy shook her head; he seemed to be having a harder time with being made to wait than she, which was really no surprise to her.

Walking up to him, she could not help notice that he had really nice arms and that her feet were starting to tingle again.
What was wrong with her? Most the men she knew were built, but seeing them totally naked invoked not one single physical response from her. Dan was even bigger, and had his hands all over her naked body while being naked himself and she had felt nothing

Now with just a pair of arms, Kalrk’s arms, she found her knees going week and her feet tingling and a bunch of other weird symptoms that only he seemed bring out in her.

Psy sighed and decided it must be the brain tumour, and wondered just how long she had left to live.
Giving the punching bag a pitying look she spoke, “I’m pretty sure it’s dead all ready.”

“Huh?” he asked while still punching it. “Oh. Yeah.” He stopped, and held the bag so that it would be still, then he turned to her. “I was thinking-.”

And at the sight of her, he forgot what it was that he had been thinking. She was in cut off shorts, barefoot, her hair in a pony tail, and a black sports bra. She was showing a lot of skin.

“Just… thinking.” He repeated, as he looked about the room. “Nice set up, huh?”

Not taking her eyes off of Kalrk, she responded with "Yeah, very nice." and instantly blushed while thinking to herself You are such an idiot.

“So,” he began while focusing on her forehead. “…Where do you want to begin? Free weights, or…?”

"Umm.. I think I’m going to go use the umm, the thingy, over there."
Way to go and solidify you’rer an idiot to him, Psy.. She wanted to hit herself.

“Okay, then I’ll go work on some other ‘thingy’.” He smiled.
‘If you need me to spot you, just ask.”

She found that she did not want to part ways and blurted out "Yes. Spotter. That's the thingy I wanted to work on."
Ohh gods she groaned to herself
"I meant I’m going to need a spotter, as weights were the, umm, thingy I wanted to work out on" Psy could not help but wonder why she had just asked him to stay near her, as she could barely get a coherent thought out of her mouth.

“You’re nervous about the meeting with the Commander, aren’t you? Try to forget that for now, and concentrate on the workout.”

He pointed to a station, and she managed to get into position, on her back, with her hands up on the bar.

“How many weights do you use?” he asked, while standing above her.

Psy found herself happy for the upcoming meeting for the first time, as Kalrk gave her the perfect out for all her idiocy.

"80 to start should be fine." Wow, way to go, Psy, the first thing you have said without coming off as a dunce.

She went through a few more reps at diffrent weight levels for her, until she felt she had done enough.

Getting up off the bench she asked him if he would like a turn, or if he would like to do something else.

“This is fine. “ he replied. “I’ll start with 80, too.”

As he went through the routine of adding weights, he reminded himself that he shouldn’t be in as good of shape as a marine, so when he was just above the weight where she had stopped, he “pushed” the last few repititons.

The bars clanged loudly when put back into the bracket, and he took a deep breath and exhaled. “Guess, I’m not the tough guy I once was.”

He stood up.

“What’s next?’ he asked her, then he took off his shirt.

Psy lost the little brain functions she had regained while bench pressing, at the sight of him topless, and only just managed to get out of her mouth "Your turn to chose.", before she might turn into a blabbering idiot again.

“Very well.. leg presses.” He said as he pointed at the machine in the corner.
“Ladies, first.”

Psy did not prosses a word he had just said and stood there like a gaping fish

"Psy?" he snapped his fingers before her, as though she might be in a trance. “Leg presses.. or should I say.. that thingy over there?"

"That thingy over where?" She asked

He grabbed her by both shoulders, not a fast move, not a threatening move, and turned her slowly. "Over there, the weird looking metal seat thingy."

Ohh gods. he was touching her now and she felt as if her heart was about to beat out of her chest. Resisting the urge to lean back into him, she walked toward the thingy he had just directed her to.

When she got there, she sat down and started to do some leg presses, but very soon, he had to speak up. Watching her bend and unbend her bare legs.. it was… almost hypnotic.

“Umm.. I have a better idea. Let’s use the treadmills. We can jog side by side at our own paces.”

"Sure" she said, trying to ignore his toplessness.

She stood up from the leg press machine, still never noticing that she had been pressing all of nothing, and walked over to the treadmills. Deciding she needed to burn off something, she set it high to start. Screw the warm up. she thought. I’m warm enough all ready.[i]

She proceeded to try and run away from her physical self and its strange reaction to Kalrk.

He was having troubles of his own. When he had watched her bending and unbending her bare legs, he had had... thoughts. [i]Those thoughts. And he wasn't accustomed to such, so he had tried to retereat by changing the exercise.

The treadmills were worse. As she began her jog, he could not help but notice.. she was bouncing. he looked at the controls on his own treadmill, set the sucker to high, and began, looking forward.

As he ran, he could hear her feet on the machine, rhythmically, like music.

When she had finished her run, she turned off the machine and used her towel to wipe herself down. While doing this, she turned toward Kalrk, and not looking at him directly asked "What do you feel like next?"

"I think I've had enough." He said pleasantly. 'I'm gonna shower and change."

An image of him naked under the hot shower popped into her brain, producing a shiver to run up her spine, and goose bumps to pop up all over her arms and neck.

Her only response was to squeek out "Okay."

Whether or not you ever show up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:09 am 
Day 09
0000 CUT
Luxury Liner Palatine

Camilla was in her quarters. Reading Dark Day. She was enjoying it. A little mystery that didn't involve the cylons trying to kill them was good. She put the book down. She'd been reading long enough and didn't want to read it quickly. Best to take as long as possible but still be able to remember everything. She looked around. Didn't want to do anything else there. So she took a walk.

Leavng her quarters the halls were empty. Night shift was like that. Proceding down the halls she came to the stairs.

"To go down or up she thought....Down."

She came to the main area of the ship. The light was dimmed to simulate night time. Night time on colonies that no longer existed in the way they were. That made her mad.

Now she knew what to do. The gym wasn't to far but she wasn't dress properly. Going back up and changing she dress in a black top that went half way down her stomach and black shorts that went down to her knee. Let anyone who saw her see enough but still leave enough for the imagination. Also if they wanted anything else they'd have to work for it. Camilla smiled at that. She could be naughty in her own way.

When she reached the gym she saw her friend Kendra Falen the Social Director was there. Camilla walked up and smiled. "Hello Kendra."

"Hello Camilla" Kendra said taking off some weights from bench press bar. "I can't sleep so I decided to come down here."

"I was reading and then decided to do something else. I didn't want to read the whole book at once."

"What were you reading?"

"Dark Day."

"We're all having one of those."

"Yes. That's why I'm reading it. My father gave it to me and I hadn't read it until now."

"Well let me know when it's done."

"You can borrow it if you'd like."

"I'd like that. I would be very careful with it. Your dad was nice that time he came here to fix the ship."

"Yes he liked it very much. Was impressed with it. He was more impressed when he found out there was another one like it. Cloud 9"

"This one's better I think. I know it's the same but they don't have as great a crew as we do."

"No they don't." Camilla said shaking her head slightly and smiling. "We're also the only one left." Camilla said with a frown. "The cylons destroyed must have destroyed it."

"They would need a nuclear device for it. You could launch other missles at it and it would only be damaged."

"Good ships. Good sturdy ships" Camilla said.

"I'm done with this but I need to do some leg exercises. Care to join me?"

"Yes. I'll start with those."

They walked over to the Statinary Bicycles and each got on one. Starting it with their feet and hands they took their hands off the bars once they got going. Leaving them at their sides they peddled by that alone.

In another part of the ship Jill Ladin sat staring at the garden wall in a central part of the outer area. Those frakking cylons had killed her mother and the rest of her family.

They also reduced her to being just someone else. Jill hadn't been as stuck up as some others but she did enjoy the finner things. She even thought she was better than most. But others were still people too. She learned this from the servants.

Now she had nothing like that. Just a room some clothes, a few things. And her father. They were all she had left in the world and it was this that made her think back to those servants.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 09
0000 CUT
Cylon Occupied Picon

Marcus had been going out on patrol since since Day 5. There wasn't anything so far. He hadn't gone out to far from his bunker. Thinking it was better to look around there first in case there were any. He wanted to try to kill them first so they didn't find him as quick.

He wondered about robots and if you could kill one. They were machines. Machines didn't live people did. Yet they did things like people. That was the point of them originally.

He sat in on a couch in an enlisted person's area. They weren't here to say anything so he could do what he wanted. It was his bunker and anyone who said anything else was a cylon. They'd get him soon enough and until then it was his.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 09
0000 CUT
Civilian Starliner Morning Angel

Annika was tired. It was getting late. The crew and pasengers had settled into a sleeping pattern and she was up past her time to go to sleep. She had good reason. Vorenus was talking to her about growing up and liking space travel. He'd like flying machines since he was a kid.

Vorenus noticed she was falling asleep. "You look tired. You need sleep."

"I'm fine please continue."

"I'd rather not. You're so tired you've probably been up later than you wanted to be. I want you to get some rest."

"Yes sir" Annika said with a smile. "Are you ordering me?"

"Do I need too?"

"Yes. You do."

"Fine. Then it's an order. Get some sleep."

Annika got up. But to Vorenus's surprise she walked up to him instead of away from him. Annika leaned down. She kissed him on the lips for a few seconds and pulled back. "Thanks for worrying about me." She walked away. She knew she was playing with him by doing that but the next move was his. Would he try something later. Annika looked back and saw him sitting in his chair facing the other direction. She frowned a little and started walk back in the direction she was going in. It probably was a little early for anything else anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:04 am 
Site Spook
Previously On Battlestar Libra....

Liza Liala, CBI
Granduer
Day 5

(Co-Written w/ Perseus)

After hearing from a Granduer security officer that that idiot from the Hades Horn who had been calling for her was actually on the ship—and, no less, had lied through his teeth about her wanting to see him—she had exited her cabin and strode (with Hugo, naturally) all the way with the officer to the area in which the man was waiting….and she approached him already livid.

"So! When I wouldn't take your call, you decided to just muscle your way over here and force the issue?!? And lied to get it done? I never asked to see you, or anyone from the Hades Horn! I don't know who you and your boss think you are, but you're disrupting official business and interfering with an investigation! Get the hell off this ship before I chuck you off mys--"
Suddenly, the face of the man registered, and her jaw nearly dropped.

"Jack???"

"So, finally got time to see me, have you...? Or are you still too busy to even get on the phone little Missy?" Jack growled.

She lowered her voice, stepping close, with Hugo following, despite her likely wishes.

"On the PHONE? With some random man from the Hades Horn?!? I'm handling a sabotage investigation and a murder investigation, for the love of the Gods!!!"

"Shows how much you paid attention at the training camp, what did I tell you over and over again? One investigation after another, let another agent handle it!!"

She stared at him as if he had lost his mind.

"Other agents???"

Her eyes closed briefly.

"They're DEAD Jack! Remember that part?!?"

For a moment he didn't fully register what she was talking about. They couldn't be all dead now, could they?

"There have to be SOME of us left" he insisted.

She stood there silently, and took a deep breath....he didn't know, then. She hesitated for a moment, knowing it would hit him as it had herself, like a physical blow, even though he would merely be hearing it second hand, not live over the wireless as she had.

"Jack....They’re all dead. The President. The Vice President. The entire Cabinet. The Quorum. The Director. The Deputy Director. The agents. The staff and officials of every department and agency, Jack. They're ALL dead."

Shocked, Jack took a step towards the wall and leaned himself against it. They were all dead? The President, well, Jack wouldn't shed a tear for that lying conniving son of a b..., but all these others...what a terrible waste....Finally he turned back towards her and for the first time, registered was what she was looking like....suit in wrinkles, deep rings beneath her eyes and he was reasonably sure that from the way her eyes were looking, she hadn't slept for quite some time now...'and I think I know why' he thought. 'She wasn't undercover, she still had her transmitter...she must have heard everything...'

"So, we're really the only ones left?"

Finally, after they were both silent for a good 30 seconds, she spoke again, looking him in the eyes.

"I heard them die, Jack."

'Damn, I hate it when I'm right sometimes...' Jack thought.

He tentatively made a step towards her. "You OK kid?"

She wanted very much to answer truthfully--No way in hell if all the Gods had stood behind her. But she stepped on the truthful answer, realizing that likely, unless he had experienced a rapid promotion of late (unlikely, given his...enemies...), she now outranked her old instructor....making her Director now, still....

"Yes."

“Sure you are kiddo....but what could I expect? You were always one to keep things to yourself...” Jack was tempted to call on her bluff but finally decided not to.

'Frak, the way things have been, she is my superior now!' Jack almost laughed out loud at that thought. One of his own trainees his boss? Well, better her than some of the others' he smiled to himself.

“Alright then. Assuming you are outranking me by now, what do you want me to do?" he asked

She nearly blinked, as he confirmed her suspicions on that fact.....

"Well....First, answer a few questions for me, please...." as she spoke, she led him away from everyone else, for the opportunity to speak in privacy.

"Sure, just ask...."

It sure looked like his undercover mission inside Cardelli’s Security force was coming to an end...and Jack wasn't terribly disappointed about that...

"What were you doing on the Hades Horn?"

Jack grinned. "What do you think? I was there to take a peek at Cardelli's Tylium mine on Cassiopeia...but I don't think they expected me to find something...have been there for a year without even a hint to something untowards...."

"Eh, not every asshole has something hide. Some are exactly what they seem: Assholes."

"Very true..."

"There's been a lot going on this ship....As you can probably guess. The ship was sabotaged several days ago, and of the people known to have had the skills to do it, all of them have solid alibis so far except one.....but I can't prove anything either way, on that one."

"And what was that about a murder?" Jack asked.

"The murder happened recently--sometime during the late night last night, or early this morning. Can't tell more than that without better equipment and resources. But....The main murder suspect is a man who has a damn solid alibi for the sabotage!"

"Just how many criminals do you have on this ship?" Jack asked, only half in jest.

"I only wish I knew. It's impossible to get anything meaningful done in these investigations. I have no agents, I have no resources, I have no data...I have no tools of any kind. I can't even take fingerprints!!! And on top of it, I can't do anything resembling even a JOKE of a background check. I can look up someone’s passenger info, that's about it."

"Hmm, maybe I can help you out with the fingerprints...if I remember right, we got some equipment for that over on Hades Horn...you'd have to clear it with her Captain though, Duke Marshall..."

"And about agents, well, I think you've got two right now...."

"What *about* your that? How are you going to suddenly explain to them who you really are, and what you were doing pretending to be something else....?"

"What did your background show, that they saw?"

Her mind was racing a million miles a minute....If the background provided to Cardelli's people had shown him, for instance, as ex-CBI, he could always tell them he was returning to his old profession, at her request....But if it had shown such things, would Cardelli have hired him in the first place?

"My background? Ex-Cop from Liberon....so it wouldn't necessarily raise flags if I joined you...."

"But maybe we could stage it as a 'loan' of some kind? You know, the new CBI loaning experienced personnel from military and private security forces to build up a new agency?"

"That way my cover would stay intact...."

"No. It won't be a loan. And your cover still stays intact, to everyone but my myself and the rest of the CBI, when we get any. You were an ex-cop. And I'm hiring you now....Like I hired my new Deputy Director--also from a ships' security force--a few hours ago."

"Oh, do I know him?"

They were nearly outside her quarters now, talking still in low, hushed tones, while Hugo kept an eye out for anyone who might overhear them.

"Probably not....But I can certainly introduce you." she paused "I, err, hope you aren't angry about that part...."

At that Jack laughed out. "I sure as hell hadn't minded a few promotions, but Deputy Director...that's way over my head! I guess I will do what I did all those years, train the newbies, hmm?"

A dark shadow briefly passed over her face.

"Deputy Director, over your head? What would you say...if I told you *I* was Director now?"

"What can I say", Jack shrugged, "the shoe fits..."

Her one eyebrow went up slightly.

"Hey, it's better you than me!" he said, smiling apologetically.

She was a bit puzzled, still.

"Deputy Director, over your head....But Director, not over MINE? Jack, I'm half your age!"

She didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or just continue to stare in disbelief.

"So? I think in twenty years time you'd have been at least Deputy Director as well. Now you made it a little farther and a little faster, but hey...I think you can do that. And I'm prepared to help you as much as I can along the way...and about that half my age thing....you up for some sparring? Cause I really feel like spanking you right now..."

"Sparring? Maybe later. Right now...." she waved a hand at the ship around them, and, by association, at all the crimes that had been committed aboard it recently "....it's all I can do to even try and do a minimal job here, let alone a useful one. If you could come in, actually, I'd like to introduce you to my new Deputy Director, and go over what we've found so far....?"

"Let's do it then. Lead the way Director!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:44 pm 
Site Diagrammer
Previously on Battlestar Libra

The officers from the Arrow Raptor squadron conducted a thorough inventory of all toolboxes on the Libra’s port flight pod while Patrick Cardelli and the rest of the Chimeras searched the starboard pod’s kits for missing tools or signs of tampering.

They certainly hadn’t expected to find a detonator concealed in one of the boxes.

Quote:
“I say again, what the frak are you guys talking about?” Evaristo Miller wondered, his face turning completely white with fear. Before anyone could respond a couple of marines joined the party and one of them glanced cautiously at Patrick.

“I’m Private Ross Smith,” one of them said. “Is something wrong here?”

“Yeah, would you two please take deckhand Miller here into custody,” Lt. Cardelli responded, “on suspicion of sabotage and murder.”

Could it be…? A Cylon sympathizer amongst the deckhands? Lt. Cardelli had to find out for himself by stopping by Miller’s cell unannounced.

Quote:
Miller stood up as Patrick entered and Cardelli grabbed him by the throat and slammed him up against the wall. He drew his sidearm and held it next to Miller’s head – not pointed at him – but held nonetheless to illustrate the seriousness of the situation.

“Like you, I am one of the fortunate people in this fleet,” Cardelli said with a heated tone. “I don’t know how or why the Gods spared me but they did.” He yanked the deckhand violently forward, looking deep into his eyes with an antagonistic stare. “But there are billions… billions of people who did not survive the attack on our Colonies – people who never even had a chance to defend themselves.”

“I know,” Evaristo Miller sobbed. “But I didn’t do anything, I swear I didn’t.”

Again Patrick slammed Miller against the wall and a cry of pain escaped him. “Are you certain?” Cardelli asked fiercely. “Last time I checked, detonators are not standard equipment needed on Viper engines. I also did some asking around… you like to play cards a lot but I’ve heard you lose most of the time. I have no way of checking your financial situation now but my guess is that you’re one of those people who wouldn’t turn down extra cash if it was offered.”

Little did Cardelli know at this point that the real traitor had been caught on video tape.

Last edited by SonOfTed on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:06 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
Captain Marcus Strauss
Destroyer Douglas J. Griffyn Chaplain
D9 T0913

Quote:
Pythia, Scroll 22, passage 7:
And Lo, the Demons would indeed have laid a great sorrow upon the Children of Kobol on that day. But the Children of Kobol would not despair. For it has been written, and will be written again, that it would come to pass that after the end of the Havens of Man in the Great Darkness, the righteous would remain. And those righteous would return one day, to the Havens, and they would strike down upon the Demons with Great Vengeance and Furious anger, those who had worked to Poison, and destroy their Brothers. And the legions of Man would come that day to reclaim the Havens.

This passage had reverberated through Marcus' thoughts since the ceremony. He had been present on Griffyn to the viewing of the ceremony, but was near the back of the formation, so as not to draw attention to himself.

Her words were so meaningful and full of hope...to the average listener. But to Strauss, her words were full of hatred and revenge. He couldn't shake the feeling ever since he had listened to her speech again. Her facial expressions seemed to give off an air that Strauss didn't agree with.

He was in his quarters... perusing over the scriptures for possible answers to the current situation. He wasn;t coming up with much luck, Lisa Falls had pretty much hit every scripture off the top of his head.

"Something about her, just the way she acted," he whispered to himself. He kept continuing to search through the scriptures and reference materials before him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:26 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
Commander Brennan Herald
Destroyer Douglas J. Griffyn Actual
- in briefing room
D9 T1015

The technical support team investigating the missile battery problem had met Herald just as he had ordered. They were sitting around the briefing room table, with Herald at the head of it, telling of their options.

"It's a very sophisticated virus sir, it's embedded itself into most of the software involved in firing missiles... in the affected launchers of course," Specialist Dean Cowan said as he began.

"So, how do we get rid of it," Herald asked.

"Sir, the only way we know of to get rid of it is to re-format ALL the drives in the launchers, or counter it with an antivirus. But how can we counter the Cylons at their own game sir, we can re-format the drives and see if it works. But it will take time, we're talking about ALL hard drive components that deal with the affected launchers, and we'll probably need to completely replace the targeting sensors AGAIN sir," Cowan continued.

"Then let's do this, proceed with EXTREME caution Specialist, the Griffyn has never dealt with a Cylon cirus before, and we are blind to the tricks the Toasters have up their sleeves," Herald said, "DO NOT network the drives with any other computers except the support ones you will be using, is this clear?"

"Yes sir," Specialist Cowan replied, heading off to do his work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:53 pm 
Site Raider
Day 6,
1846 CUT,
Perseus

Cole watched the little piece of paper lie on his desk. It had been lying there for more than a day now, and he had yet to answer, but did he really want to answer Captain Pierce?

Of course, this offer was capable of giving him and several other injured crewmembers new hope, but was he strong enough to survive if this hope proved to be false?

But don't I owe it to all the others here to try? All those who could profit from the things on Iasoan?

With a sigh, he finally took another, blank piece of paper and wrote a reply...

Memo to: Capt. Hokandeya "Hawkeye" Pierce, Iasoan

First, let me thank you for your kind offer. Help for those who were injured is, especially in times like these, invaluable.

I will have the ship's medical officer put together a list of crewmembers that might be in need of your expertise, as soon as that list is complete, I will have it forwarded to you . That way, the medical specialists can have some kind of selection on who they have to operate first...

Thanks again,

Richard Cole, Colonel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:13 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Quote:
"Sparring? Maybe later. Right now...." she waved a hand at the ship around them, and, by association, at all the crimes that had been committed aboard it recently "....it's all I can do to even try and do a minimal job here, let alone a useful one. If you could come in, actually, I'd like to introduce you to my new Deputy Director, and go over what we've found so far....?"

"Let's do it then. Lead the way Director!"

Day 5
Grandeur

As the pair were walking out of the hangar bay, Grandeur Security Chief Dirac walked in. He was not happy.

"Without so much as a hello, he said into Liala's face, "The Captain reamed my ass, now it's your turn."
Turning to the unannounced new arrival, Dirac said. "You're luck Simmons is an idiot. If one of the more competent members of my staff had been on hangar duty, you'd've been shot. Not fatally, but in the leg to ruin your day.
Now if you both will excuse me, I get to ream Simmon's out before I relieve him of duty."

And with that, the Security Chief turned and stormed into the hangar bay. "Simmons!"

Post subject: Lt. Mark "Bull" Chandler
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:44 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
Mark covered his ears but he could still hear the sound of frantic activity coming from his father’s studio. Five days. He’d been at it five whole days, without sleep, almost without food; five days of manic creativity plastered in huge canvasses, posters, sketches and designs. Five days of laughter and movement and wild-eyed wonder.

It would end soon. Mark knew the signs. In a day, maybe two, Papa would drop like a rag doll; the brilliant artist, the loving father, the funny warm man who was Michael Chandler, all would disappear, leaving behind a husk of a man who would barely get out of bed for weeks at a time. Until the next time…

Mark burrowed under the covers and bit his lip, so as not to cry. He had to be strong and responsible and sensible. You are your father’s son, but you can choose not to succumb to weakness and self-indulgence. You can exercise control, you don’t have to grow up like your father… He repeated his mother’s words over and over again, until sleep claimed him.

He was six years old.

D5 0930

Lt. Mark Chandler walked resolutely towards D933NC. He inspected the machine with a practiced eye: it was in excellent condition. He had to hand it to Spec. Sonia Checkov – she knew her business around Vipers. He’d doubted he’d be fortunate enough to be assigned a knuckledragger as conscientious as Tom Carraway, but the gods had smiled on him.

And she was a looker.

A now familiar heat suffused him; Spec. Sonia Checkov aroused him like no woman before her. There was something about her… It wasn’t just physical, although he’d be the first to admit that just the thought of her breasts was enough to make him stand to attention. No. She called to him, to something deep and elemental within him.

And that was why he could never have her.

Because he would not risk losing control. Not for her, not for anyone.

He would not succumb to weakness and self-indulgence.

He would not become his father.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:53 pm 
Site Gunslinger
D 9 T2005
Antonia Seda and Tommy Templeton, on the Astral Dawn

Drinks were nice; dinner was even nicer; and dancing made the evening—nearly—perfect.

Toni made sure her body touched Tommy’s in just the right places, as they danced. She found the effect nearly as intoxicating for her as she judged it must be for him. She wasn’t short, but Tommy was one of the tallest men she’d danced with, and she could rest her cheek against the front of his shoulder as they moved slowly around the dance floor.

She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes halfway, feeling the heat of his body against hers. His effect on her was a new thing to her. Before now, every other interaction with a man had been a business deal, a task to accomplish at which she was very skilled. This time… this time, she felt a heat that smoldered deep inside her. Her body yearned wordlessly for the feel of his hands and mouth.

This man was different, and she wasn’t sure exactly why. She smoothed her hand down his back, feeling the play of muscles under her palm. I’ve frakked other guys who were in excellent shape, she mused. Maybe it’s just because he so damn tall… His hand was pressed against the small of her back, and just the thought of that hand caressing her ass sent thrills through her.

Tommy scanned around the dance room and could tell all eyes were on them. No doubt they had to be one of the most beautiful couples on the floor. He swung her around and her back came against his chest, the smell of her perfume intoxicating him once again. He held her there for a few moments, and took in the view of all the right curves below him. Not one flaw, he thought to himself.

She turned around and put her hand on his chest and slowly caressed downward, to the top of his pants. She could feel his arousal through the thin silk of her dress, and she took his hand, saying, “Come on, let’s go someplace we won’t get interrupted.”

She was wearing a simple sleeveless dress that had been custom made for her. It fit her very well; not tight, but the soft fabric slid closely over her skin. She wore nothing underneath, and she could tell he’d known that the instant he saw her.

She led him to her stateroom, one of the nicest on the ship, courtesy of D’Argent Corporation’s riches.

They didn’t even make it three steps into the sitting room. She stepped out of her shoes and pulled his shirt out of his pants, unbuttoning it and running her hands hungrily over his chest and abs, kissing his hot skin. She put her hand on his groin and said with mischief, “I see your missile battery is fully operational.”

“It is!” he replied. “And I have a target acquired!”

Toni smiled back at him. “Then fire when ready.” She reached her hand up to the back of her neck and with a flick of her fingers, unbuttoned the only button on the dress. The dress began to fall downward but stopped when it reached midway down her breasts. Tommy came over to her and helped the dress past the obstacles. Once cleared, it quickly fell to the floor.

Tommy took in the entire view from head to toe, his gaze returned to her eyes. “Sweet Lords of Kobol, the Gods where in an extremely good mood when they created you.”

Tommy clothes weren’t as easy to discard. Toni came to his aid, and together they quickly had him naked. She thought about drawing things out longer, but took pity on him. She lay back onto the bed and Tommy dove upon her. The week before; the entire evening had been foreplay. His need was hot and urgent, and Toni rose her body to meet his, not surprised at his intensity. She knew it had been a long time for him, and was prepared for his ferocity, but even so she could tell he restrained himself. As best he could, but still he was done fairly quickly.

“Done already?” she asked him, teasing, smiling up at him as he panted over her.

“Frak, Toni,” he groaned, “I—,”

She put her fingers to his lips, then hooked her leg over his hip and rolled so they were side by side facing each other. Gently she smoothed her hand down his shoulder, caressing the strong muscles of his upper arm.

“Give me ten minutes,” he said, his voice hoarse.

“Oh, I doubt you’ll need that long,” she said, smiling. She continued to caress him, then without warning, pushed him over onto his back, covering him with her body. She bent her head down and kissed him, slowly. She moved her hips against him and said, “See? Not nearly ten minutes…” She kissed him again.

Their bodies moved in perfect rhythm with each other, motions like the sounds of beating drums. The drums beat fast at times and slower in others. Each of them never missed a beat.

Tommy could have sworn they had shaken the ship. A slight smile crossed his lips as he thought about what the Astral Dawn’s bridge might look like right now. He spoke quietly into Toni’s ear, her blonde hair falling on his neck and shoulder.

“Sir!”

“Yes, helm.”

“I think we’re… drifting… yes we are… we are slightly off course.”

“Are you sure?”

“Checked it twice sir, we’re off course.”

Toni laughed softly in her throat. “I thought I felt us FTL jump,” she murmured back to him. Gods… so that’s why guys like to do this so much. She shivered with delight.

They lay there in each other’s arms and closed their eyes. Tommy thought to himself, If there was any doubt before that I wouldn’t have done anything for this woman before, that doubt is now gone.

Together they drifted off to sleep, the Dangerous Queen’s body lying on the Ex-Con. He was the outsider, she the insider. There was no doubt as to who was in charge. The pawn would sacrifice his life, to save the Queen’s.

Post subject: Re: Lt. Mark "Bull" Chandler
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:15 pm 
Site Gunslinger
Eaglestar51 wrote:
A now familiar heat suffused him; Spec. Sonia Checkov aroused him like no woman before her. There was something about her… It wasn’t just physical, although he’d be the first to admit that just the thought of her breasts was enough to make him stand to attention. No. She called to him, to something deep and elemental within him.

And that was why he could never have her.

Because he would not risk losing control. Not for her, not for anyone.

He would not succumb to weakness and self-indulgence.

He would not become his father.

D5 T0934
Specialist Sonia Checkov

Sonia saw Lt Chandler checking out his Viper. She wiped her hands on a rag and walked over to him, swaying her hips just enough… “Sir,” she said, looking up and down his body with glittering eyes. “Did you get the report on that, ah, substance that was on her?” She caressed her hand over the Viper’s skin. “Engineering couldn’t figure it out…”

She paused and looked directly at him. “I hope you don’t mind, sir, I took the liberty of sending a sample to the medical people, too.” She frowned, genuinely puzzled. “It was blood. I gave the report to Mac.”

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next