It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Episode 12: Colonial Day
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:41 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Forty-seven days ago, the cylons annihilated the Twelve Colonies. A remnant of humanity survives on a number of space vessels, protected by three war ships.

Fifty-two years ago, the Twelve Colonies united under the Articles of Colonization.

The remnant will celebrate Colonial Day, remembering a happier time.

Post subject: Re: Episode 12: Colonial Day
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:43 am 
Day 47
0730 CUT
Civilian Starliner Morning Angel

Robert woke up. Rena was next to him still asleep. He would leave her like that to wake up on her own. Getting out of bed he noticed the kids were all still asleep. Getting ready for the day was his routine and he did that like any other day.

Rena heard the shower turn on. She turned around and looked. The light was on and the door closed. It was time to get up. Sitting up she thought about what to do today. The kids would want to do something since it was Colonial Day.

Robert finished with his shower and came out dressed in the day's clothes. Kissing Rena he said "You're next."

Rena got up and did the same.

At some point the kids got up and ready for the day.

They walked out into the main area and wished everyone a happy Colonial Day.

In the cockpit Dorian Vorenus was ending his shift when Captain Wilson and Annika walked in. Captain Wilson took over for Dorian and Annika gave him a little kiss and a cup of decaf coffee.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 47
0730 CUT
Luxury Liner Palatine

Captain Remus woke up and started his day. Grabbing his coffee he went to the bridge. He relived Silius Bacca and went about things. The rest of the day shift wasn't there yet.

The bar had recovered from the shooting and a new bartender had been found. Security was now there around the clock. They were considering hiring more. The bodies had been disposed of properly and autopsies done.

Some of the food had been harvested and now awaited transport back to Demeter or where in the fleet it needed to go. The quartermaster decided it was up to Captain Mueller.

Last edited by WarAngel on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:57 pm 
Site Gunslinger
Libra
Colonial Day
Day 47 Time 0615
Pvt Dan Wolfe

The boarding drills with the Perseus Marines had been highly successful; and R&D had gotten the manufacturing folks to make enough razers that the Perseus MarDet could also be equipped with them. They’d needed someone from the Libra to train the Perseus Marines on how to use the razers, so Dan had volunteered; and so had spent ten days on the Perseus, working with them.

He finally returned to the Libra early on Colonial Day, looking forward to seeing his friends again. He’d heard that the Outpost people had jumped in with a cylon heavy raider, and had been relieved that Frankie and the Gunnery Sergeant had survived… and also dismayed to hear that St Germain had been killed by the boarding Centurions. But he’d been busy with the jarheads on the Perseus, and time had gone by quickly.

The first thing he saw, when he jumped out of the shuttle on the Libra’s deck, was Frankie—and Chief MacLean. The Chief was looking at paperwork on a clipboard, next to a Raptor, and Frankie was looking over her shoulder. Well, not exactly looking… he had his arms around her from behind, his body pressed up against hers, and he was whispering into her ear and nuzzling her neck. She was laughing, and the expression on her face when she looked over her shoulder at him was… incredibly tender.

But what about Jo!?? Dan’s thoughts were in a whirl. He knew that Frankie was a flirter, but this was clearly waaay beyond flirting. Gods, does Jo know about this? Did she and Frankie break up? What the frak—

He shouldered his duffel bag and headed for his berthing compartment with confused and conflicting emotions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:17 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
Destroyer Douglas J. Griffyn
Day 47 Time 0800
-CIC-

Colonial Day, a day that was usually filled with parades and jubilation back on the Colonies. Now it was remembered more reverently, or atleast to Herald. The Colonies were gone, and humanity had witnessed the birth of them, and also the death of them. But the remnant had to remember that they truly were the last, and had the capacity to restart the government and the Colonies.

There was representation from each Colony in the fleet, so the restart could be made... but when a habitable world was found. The Griffyn had stopped patrolling the fleet and took back her position on the port side of the fleet.

Herald was looking out the portholes in CIC blankly, "are you really out there," he kept asking over and over in his mind, still thinking of the meeting days ago with the Civilian Captains. "Could the scriptures really but true, and we have a new home," he thought.

The thoughts of a goal to shoot for gave Herald a slight hope, but with the Cylons on their tail, making the trip would be impossible. There had to be a way to get rid of the Cylons, to out the Biological ones in the fleet, somehow the Cylons were tracking them. If the Cylons kept finding them, then there had to be a reason... there had to be someone, or someones in the fleet in cohorts with the Cylons. FTL travel was too random, and to keep finding the fleet required the Cylons sending scouts out in ALL directions, which would require hundreds of Raiders, this did not seem logical given the fact that the fleet was always getting farther from Colonial Space.

"How can we oust them and make their identities known," Herald kept pondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:17 pm 
Pan Galactic Flight 76
Coy Anderson
Heather Anderson
Day 47, Time 0800

The farm house looked like a painting, if it wasn’t for the movement of some leaves on the tree right next to it, it could have been. The view of the house and tree started to slowly recede into the distance, and the view lifted up towards the sky and caught the edge of a mountain with the sun setting behind it. Colorful sunrays and flares ripped across the tv screen, also know as lens flares.

Coy Anderson pushed the pause button on the laptop to freeze the shot. He jogged it backwards a few frames and found his ending shot. He then brought in his ending graphic, and laid it over the top of the video. It read “Our life on Caprica."Heather Anderson sat in a chair right next to her father and watched his every move. “It’s going to turn out very nice.”

“I agree, you shot over half the footage.” He put his hands down on top of his gut.

“Well it was nice of the captain to give us the small room to set up the equipment. But still, I think ninety percent of it is in storage.” She picked up one of three cameras that had been sitting on the table. “But I’m getting bored…I want to shoot something.”

Coy slouched in his chair abit and spoke up. “My dear, don’t worry, that is my next task at hand.”

Heathers eyes got big. “You mean your doing it! Your going to contact the commander and offer our services!

“That’s the plan. I’m hoping maybe to get off this ship today, it’s colonial day, might be some big people around some party I’ve heard about. I already have the captain’s approval to leave.”

“Well write and send that e-note asap.” She said as she gave her father a hug.

After he hugged her back, he gave her a list of items that they would need. And got started on the E-note.

Code:
To Commander  Rodrigues

My name is Coy Anderson, I am currently living aboard Pan Galactic Flight 76 with my daughter Heather. We where on our way to Picon to set up a tv studio. I have at my disposal equipment necessary to run a small tv station. My daughter is well versed as to the know how to run such equipment, as well I am.

To get to the point, we are offering our services in providing the public with perhaps a weekly news cast. Perhaps even nightly if it looks like it becomes popular. We would like to bring a couple of cameras to this Colonial Day party I’m hearing about. If there is no party I’m sorry.But I would still love to have a tour of each and every ship within the fleet. If there is a {party or festivities} please reply, and grant my daughter and I permission to attend. 

My deepest thanks
Coy Anderson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:09 pm 
Site Gunslinger
[With Eaglestar51]

Warning: PG15 Sweet Sex

Libra
Colonial Day
Day 47 Time 0615
CPO Alexandra MacLean and Cpl Francois Laffitte

“Frankie,” she said when she felt him put his arms around her from behind. He held her against him, and she sighed contentedly. She waggled the clipboard in her hand, and indicated the Raptor they were standing next to. “It’s Lt Cardelli’s Raptor, and it’s due for preventive maintenance.”

"C'mon, ma petite, it's Colonial Day!" He nuzzled her neck again, nibbling softly her tender earlobe, "Nobody's working... See for yourself! No one is around... And monsieur le andouille is lonesome for his petite chou..." He pressed her backside against him and ground his hips, while his hand stole closer to her breast. "There should be fireworks on Colonial Day, mon couer... why don't we make some?"

“It’ll just take a few minutes,” she said. She looked over her shoulder at him, laughing, and said, “C’mon, you want to go inside her with me?”

He raised an eyebrow, "You know I always want to get inside... That's what I've been trying to do for the past half hour! But if you want to go into Cardelli's raptor, I'll go with you..."

She reluctantly took his arms from around her waist, but kept hold of one of his hands, leading him up into the Raptor. “Just… one… minute,” she promised him, sitting in the pilot’s seat. She started the computer diagnostics, and then, leaving the clipboard on the console, she got up and closed the hatch.

“Didn’t I tell you?” she grinned, and threw herself into his arms. “Hardly… anyone… is around,” she said in between kisses. She unbuttoned his shirt and pulled his t-shirt out of his pants, running her palms up his bare chest. Why did it seem like she could never get enough of him? She slid her hands down the back of his pants, holding his bum in her palms, shivers of anticipation running through her as she felt his arousal pressed against her abdomen.

"Ahh, this is more like it," he said as he kissed her deeply, making short shrift of her shirt and T-shirt. "And what have we here?" He held her chest away a few inches, to take in her lacy bra, "Naughty Chief! This is NOT regulation underwear! I must take it off, no? Can't have the chief of the deck wearing non-reg clothes..." He unhooked the lacy bit and tossed it aside, his lips covering that which the lace had so recently adorned.

“Mmmm,” she wiggled with pleasure, fumbling with his belt buckle, and she pushed his pants down off his slim hips. “You call ME naughty!” she laughed. “You’re not wearing any underwear at all!” She used both hands to touch him and murmured, “How nice you bring your battlecruiser with you where ever you go.” Quickly she stripped off her own pants, pulling his t-shirt up over his head so she could feel the full length of him against her bare skin.

"Mmmm, Colonial Marines, always ready for action..." He lifted her legs and she hooked them around his waist. "Ahhh, ma petite, je t'aime," he murmured in her ear, his muscles trembling with need, "Je t'aime tellement..."

She held onto his shoulders, feeling as if they were melting together, shuddering with pleasure. His hot sweet aroma rose up into her senses, making her giddy, carrying her over into ecstasy. She nipped at his neck and felt his release, heard his gasp. She held him more tightly, moving slightly, also gasping.

He slid onto the ECO seat, still joined with her. "Mmmm, " he purred like a contented big cat, "Happy Colonial day, mon amour..."

“Happy every day I’m with you,” she sighed happily. She was suddenly still, seeing movement out the front of the Raptor from the corner of her eye. It was just a knuckledragger walking by, and she relaxed. She kissed Frankie gently on the lips, then playfully on the nose, and then she giggled. “I think I forgot to lock the hatch,” she said. “What would someone think if they came in here right now?”

"They'll think," he kissed her eyebrows, "that your overalls hide,” he kissed her eyes, "the most beautiful, most luscious body of the fleet. And they'll think," he kissed her nose, "that I am" he kissed one cheek, "the luckiest sunuvabitch," he kissed her other cheek, "in the universe!" And then he kissed her lips.

She wiggled on his lap. “No,” she said, “I am the luckiest sunuvabitch... ‘cause I have command of the largest battlecruiser in the universe!”

Just then the computer in the cockpit began beeping. Mac sighed. “Let me get the printout, and that’s all the work I’ll do today, I promise.” Slowly she slid out of his lap, laughing at the expression on his face, then she hunted for her clothing. “Frankie, what did you do with my bra?” she asked.

He looked up while raising his pants. "Your bra?" His look was innocent. Too innocent. "What would I do with your bra?"

“Um hmm,” she advanced on him, and started tickling him. “I know you threw it somewhere!”

He chortled as he tried to avoid her tickling hands. "I took it off, but I don't know where it fell!"

“Well, help me look,” she told him. In spite of their search, though, they couldn’t find it. Mac shrugged and got dressed without it. “It’s not like I really need one, anyway,” she said.

Frankie ogled her lecherously. "They are perfect!"

She stuck her tongue out at him, then went into his arms and kissed him. “I love you,” she said, hugging him fiercely.

He kissed her back. "Not more than I love you, mon coeur."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:21 pm 
Site Gunslinger
[With Eaglestar51]

Libra
Day 47 Time 0623
Cpl. Josette Benoit
Pvt Dan Wolfe

She had the day off and was trying to sleep late. Colonial Day. There would be ceremonies and speeches and tonight a big ball. They were on minimal staffing, and almost everyone was making plans for the day's festivities. She tossed and turned and sighed again. Merde! She'd been in this strange mood ever since Frankie returned from the Outpost. She remembered it clearly...

Code:
Jo, and about half the crew of the Libra, apparently, watched the odd cylon shuttle land on Libra's deck with wonder. And then the hatch opened and its occupants filed out, Frankie and CPO MacLean among them. She noticed it immediately - the way they stood together, how they looked at each other and touched at every possible moment. She had known Frankie liked the tiny knuckledragger, but their relationship had obviously blossomed beyond like. She was happy for them - Frankie was a good friend, and everything she knew about CPO MacLean pointed to her being a good partner for her friend.

Yes, they were a good match. Why, then, did she feel this pressure in her chest, like her heart had swelled to twice its size?  Why indeed? Why couldn't she find someone to love her like Frankie had? Someone to laugh with and cry with and maybe even have children with? Someone she could share her life with... Someone big and strong and good; someone whose smile warmed her heart and made her happy, someone who made her feel hot and cold and tingly all over... Someone like...

She heard soft muffled sounds - someone had walked into the berthing compartment. And whoever it was was carrying something. Probably a duffle bag. Curious, she opened the curtain to peek.

"Dan!" Her face split in a happy grin, "You're back, mon ami!"

He’d just dropped his duffle bag; when he heard her voice, it felt like the sun had just risen. “Jo!” he exclaimed. “Frak, I sure missed you!” Even as he said the words, he realized how true they were. “Gods, it’s good to be back…” and then the scene with Frankie and the Chief flashed before his eyes. “Jo… I just saw Frankie and Chief MacLean—they were—,” he blurted, and his face suddenly got hot. “Frak, Jo, they were kissing!

Jo looked and him quizzically. Why would Dan care that Frankie and Chief were kissing? She suddenly realized why... She'd heard the rumors that Psy had taken up with Kalrk, was now living with him - they were all over the fleet... It must be hard for Dan, knowing that the mother of his child had left him for another man. Seeing his friend in love must've brought back memories and upset him...

She rose from the bunk and stood awkwardly before him. "Huh. Oui... when they were lost, in the Outpost, well, apparently they developed a tendresse... They are now together." She smiled softly, "Chief is good for Frankie... He is happy. And I think she is too."

“But Jo, you and Frankie--,” Dan began, but he bit the words off. Oh, frak, don’t go reminding her, you idiot! It must have been hard enough for her, to have him leave her for someone else—and she’s being so gallant about it!

He was suddenly acutely aware of her standing there in front of him, wearing just the soft t-shirt and shorts she slept in. Don’t! he warned himself. She’s had a hard enough time of it already, the last thing she needs to deal with is a horny jarhead who’s supposed to be her friend.

She glanced up, confused. "Frankie and me? What about Frankie and me?" She paused for a second and then realized what he'd meant. "Oh! You thought that Frankie and I..." She giggled. "Non, mon ami. Frankie and I never..." She blushed, inexplicably. "He's a friend. A very good friend. But I know how he is, and we were never together that way. He's like... a brother. A big brother..." She gulped, suddenly sad. "Like you, a good friend."

“Oh,” he said dumbly. She and Frankie aren’t… weren’t… never were. Gods, Dan, you blockhead! His next thought was like a revelation: if she and Frankie aren’t, then… but before his thought could be completed, her last words sunk in. A good friend. That’s all she sees me as, just a friend. She’s like your sister, Dan. “Oh… I was, uh, just thinking that Frankie was… you know… cheating on you. I’m glad it’s not like that.” He was relieved that it wasn’t like that; he liked Frankie, and didn’t want to think badly of him. “You’re right, I think they’re both happy. They really looked like it.”

He was about to pick up his duffle bag to unpack it, but he made the mistake of looking at Jo’s face. She seemed… almost melancholy, her dark brown eyes sad. He had a sudden urge to take her in his arms and kiss the sadness from them—but he stopped himself. He let out his breath slowly and made himself turn and pick up his duffle bag. “I’m glad we’re friends, Jo,” he said, a little awkwardly.

"Friends... yes, naturellement." She smiled sadly watching the play of muscles as he picked his duffle bag. "I'm glad we're friends too..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:28 pm 
Site Spook
Liza Liala
Astral Dawn
Day 47 0730

She'd been picking at her breakfast for the last half hour. Once, in what was fast seeming like another lifetime, this had been one of her favorite holidays. Once, she would have spent this day attending festivities, fireworks, and based on her need to keep a low profile, successfully avoiding invitations to all the official functions. But that was then...and this was now.

Now, she wasn't even sure what this day meant anymore....She wasn't sure what if anything she should do to acknoledge it...And she had yet to hear of things the rest of the fleet were doing for such recognition. Now, if there were (which there were not, to her knowledge) official functions, she couldn't avoid them. And now...she wasn't sure, even, if she should even mention this to the rest of the fleet. Or even to Gibbs, for that matter. What the hell would she say, if she did speak? And would whatever she said to reassure, to remember, to anything, for part of the survivors...Only serve to piss off the other half of the people? What was relevant? What was irrelevant? What was worth perserving, and how many would agree? She shook her head, slammed her glass of almost-empty juice on the table, and went back to picking at her fruit....

Nothing made sense anymore....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:58 pm 
Site Diagrammer
The Necromancer
Day 47 T0900
Crew Quarters

The winding spiral staircase was impressive, as was the manner in which the ship’s crew had maximized use of the empty space in the damaged fuel tank, thereby converting it into a six story cylindrical apartment building. The central elevator wasn’t quite working yet, but Patrick Cardelli wasn’t worried about that since he had arranged for Sadie to stay with his sister on the bottom level.

“It’s just temporary,” he said. “Adrianna told me that you can bunk with her until we they get the second fuel cylinder converted into living space. By then the baby will be born and you’ll be needing to work off a few pounds anyway.”

Lt. Brant stuck out her tongue at Patrick and he ignored her, setting her suitcases down in Adrianna’s small room. An extra large cot had been arranged for the expectant mother, and Cardelli noticed that there were extra pillows as well.

“What’s with the royal treatment?” Sadie asked, looking at all of the comfort items. “I told them not to go to any trouble…”

Patrick hugged her from behind. “Believe me, Sadie, once you’ve spent some time on these ships you’ll be glad that they’re catering to expectant mothers to be. Two people in this living space is going to be tough – fortunately for you my sister works almost as many hours in a day as my dad does.”

A spotted brown and white cat jumped up on the cot and walked around proudly, his tail sticking straight up in the air. “Hmmm…. Who have we got here?” Brant wondered, stroking the cat’s soft fur carefully. The animal pushed his chin into the palm of her hand and purred.

“That is Rascal, Adrianna’s beast,” Patrick said by way of introduction. “He’s going to be a father too, although he doesn’t know it yet.”

“Really…” said Sadie with renewed interest. “Can he fly shuttles too? Because let me tell you, that’s got to be the most boring job there is right now.”

“I wouldn’t complain, Lieutenant,” Cardelli said with a shake of his head. “All you had to do was fly all of that equipment over to the Harvest Moon. I wouldn’t want to have to help move all of that crap onto the ag station and then set it up – you should be glad that you’ve got boring right now. Boring equals safe.”

“Boring equals boring in my book,” said Sadie with a bit of frustration. “I’m a qualified ECO… why the hell am I on the Necromancer flying shuttles again?”

Patrick set her suitcases next to the cot. “They’re more than satisfied with your performance as a pilot, so I brought the rest of your things from the Libra. I’ll be checking in on you every chance I get, and Adrianna has promised to look after you so I know that you’ll be safe here.”

Sadie sat down on the edge of the cot and put her head in her hands.

“Hey,” Patrick told her. “If you don’t have a dress, talk to Addy about borrowing one of hers. There’s a Colonial Day celebration on the Libra this evening so I’ll be back to take you over. We’re going to dance the night away!”

Brant glanced up at him with more than passing interest. “Colonial Day?” she said with curiosity. “To celebrate what? The nuking of the Colonies?”

Patrick gave her a stern look. “Do not be negative,” he told her firmly. “If you start being negative I’m going to have to have Dad give you a lecture on the power of positive thinking. And believe me, you don’t want a lecture from Mason.”

“He’s your Dad, I don’t have a problem of telling him where to shove his lecture,” she replied casually. “Dancing huh?”

“Yeah. And I’ll even spring for the non-alcoholic beverage of your choice or two.”

“Sounds great, I’ll see you then,” Sadie decided. “That is, if post-partum depression hasn’t set in by this evening.”

Cardelli simply shook his head with frustration. “I’m an idiot when it comes to medical matters,” he said with a shake of his index finger, “and even I know that you have to have the baby first before that sets in.” Giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek he walked back out into the narrow corridor that separated the living quarters and headed back toward the shuttle bay.

“Well there Rascal,” Sadie said, glancing toward the cat sitting next to her on the cot. “Where can a gal get in on a good card game on this ship?”

Last edited by SonOfTed on Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:00 pm 
Site Canon Cop
0758, Day 47
Astral Dawn

Captain Gibbs entered the bridge of the luxury liner.

"Good morning, all. Happy Colonial Day." he said cheerfully enough.
'Now where's my coffee?"

Gojisa chuckled, "Where it always is, in the carafe waiting for you to fill your mug, Don."

"So, Captain," It was the Comm Officer. "Are you excited about the party tonight?"

"Sure am." Gibbs replied. "In fact, this will be one for the history books."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 pm 
Site Canon Cop
0811, Day 47
Astral Dawn

"Thanks again, Maggie; I really appreciate this." Jonathan Willborn said to the Shop Manager.

"You don't have to do this, Jon." She said with a laugh in her voice.

"Yeah.. I do." He said as he leaned over the counter, and kissed her on the cheek.
"Thanks again."

"Anything for you, Jon." She teased.

"Promises, promises." he laughed, then he left the store, a huge grin on his face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:50 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
thesteeler wrote:
Pan Galactic Flight 76
Coy Anderson
Heather Anderson
Day 47, Time 0800
Code:
To Commander  Rodrigues

My name is Coy Anderson, I am currently living aboard Pan Galactic Flight 76 with my daughter Heather. We where on our way to Picon to set up a tv studio. I have at my disposal equipment necessary to run a small tv station. My daughter is well versed as to the know how to run such equipment, as well I am.

To get to the point, we are offering our services in providing the public with perhaps a weekly news cast. Perhaps even nightly if it looks like it becomes popular. We would like to bring a couple of cameras to this Colonial Day party I’m hearing about. If there is no party I’m sorry.But I would still love to have a tour of each and every ship within the fleet. If there is a {party or festivities} please reply, and grant my daughter and I permission to attend. 

My deepest thanks
Coy Anderson.

Quote:

To: Coy Anderson
Subject: Reply

Hello Mr. Anderson, it is very good to hear from someone as involved in the Television industry as you were. To reply to your request, yes there will be festivities. Libra, Astral Dawn, and Palatine. You are more than welcome to attend, and film the celebrations aboard Astral Dawn and Palatine. As for setting up a broadcast in the future, our hands are tied as far as communications go, you will have to get ahold of the resources and ship-to-ship transmitters on your own, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:17 pm 
Site Spook
Liza Liala
Astral Dawn

She was still picking at her fruit, when he came back....

"Don't like the fruit?"

"No...the fruit is fine. The day, on the other hand..."

She shook her head, sadly.

"I just don't know what to do....Should I try and organize something? Or should I--"

"According to the fleet bulliten board, several events have already been organized--On Libra, on Palatine, and here on the Dawn...

Well. That was one thing off her plate...And another thing onto her plate....she had the almost certain feeling that she would somehow get roped into speaking at at least one--if not all--of the scheduled celebrations....and she would be a million cubits the press would be out in force, as well....

.....On the other hand...it gave her hope. They had organized these events, without her reminding without her prodding....It was a sign. A sign that people still remembered, what they had been....A sign that people still cared to be such still. It boded well, she thought, for her fledgling government.

And she finally, as he sat down beside her, popped a piece of fruit into her mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:12 am 
0815, Day 47
Astral Dawn

"You're doing very well, Ms. D'Argent." Doctor Arthur Egan concluded to his patient.
"Now, how about we see how the little one is doing?"

Psy felt her heart skip a beat in excitement "Yes, please."

"And there he.. or she.. is." Dr. Egan said, ttouching a certain point on the screen.

The vaginal ultrasound showed her womb, and the bean-sized lump was the offspring.

Kalrk stared into the monitor, closer than he had ever looked into any DRADIS screen or other device.

"So... small...”, he said as though he were in a trance.

At the sight Psy’s emotions rushed up to choke her. She bit her bottom lip to try and help regain some hold over them, and placed a shaking hand over her abdomen.
“Does everything seem normal?” she asked the doctor shakily, almost afraid of the answer he would give on her cylon hybrid baby.

"Everything is perfect." Egan said with a broad smile on his face. "Your's is a textbook pregnancy. Everything is on schedule."

Psy sighed in relief as any worries over the baby's parentage faded away for the moment, and a smile broke out over her face as the tiny blip the doc said was the baby moved. "Clancy seems to like to swim."

"Who? Swimming?" Kalrk asked, as he continued to stare into the monitor.

Reaching over to take his hand in hers while not taking her eyes off the magical sight of the blurry almost unreadable screen, she gave it a squeeze
"The baby, of course" she said matter of factually.

“Our child’s name is Clancy? Clancy Kalrk? That doesn’t sound…. right. It’s too…. bland for such a person.”
He lifted her hand and kissed it tenderly; his eyes transfixed to the monitor.

Raising an eyebrow, psy said, "Ohh. Really. well I will have you know it means ‘offspring of a red haired soldier’, so it's not bland at all and I have not heard you give any ideas for a name yet"

Kalrk managed to turn his head from the monitor, and to see his beloved Psyche.
"The doctor doesn't know if our child is male or female. I think it a bit... early to name her 'Clancy'." And he leaned down and kissed Psy.

As Kalrk pulled away, Psy smiled knowingly "It's a boy; mothers know these things."

"He doesn't like the name Clancy." Kalrk smiled with a grin on his face. "Fathers know their sons."

Taking the hand off of her abdomen she playfully punched him on the shoulder "We will talk about it" she conceded, then turned to the doctor.
"Will we be able to hear the heart beat?" she asked excitedly

"Certainly." Doctor Egan said, taking steps forward to the couple. And at a certain mechanism, he turned a dial for volume.

Psy closed her eyes and soaked in the sound, and between the combination of the visual and audio she was near tears, as she was once again overrun by her emotions, "It beats really fast." she said out loud.

"It's a good hearbeat, isn't it.' Kalrk said proudly. "Powerful... mighty."

A mischievous grin broke out on Psy's face at his comments. "Yes, he gets it from his mother." She couldn’t help but tease him.

Kalrk could only smile and say, "He'll be mighty like his mother, and handsome like his father... No, mightier and more handsome."

Her grin spreading she answered, "And he will be born with the ability to slay hydras."

"Umm...excuse me." It was Doctor Egan. "Before you two... you might want to get a private room. I do have other patients this morning." He chuckled.
"Congratulations, to the three of you."

"Thank you, doctor.” Kalrk said, and to Psy he added, "If a god could become mortal… he would be our child."

Looking up at Kalrk, her love for him and their child washing over her,
"I don't care what he could become or will be; all I know is he's ours" she said tenderly with great passion.

Kalrk leaned down and gave her a tender kiss, which began to grow.

“Okay." Doctor Egan almost laughed. "Your checkup is complete."

"Thank you, doctor, and we will get a recording of the ulrasound right?" Psy asked him hopefully.

"Already done." He smiled; their joy was infectious. "The nurse will hand it to you, at the door. THAT ought to motivate you to get out of here."
And he shook Kalrk's hand, and put his hand on Psy's shoulder. "Gods bless."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:21 am 
Site CyberBiker
Day 47: Colonial Day
0600 Hours
Temporary quarters of Doctor David Dedrick, aboard Harvest Moon

Dedrick awoke moments before his alarm sounded. He sat on the edge of his bed, rolling his head around until his neck popped, and then he waited until the alarm began before shutting it off. Rising, he stretched lazily, then crossed the tiny berth he'd been assigned. A bottle of water stood by the lavatory - he took a slug from it, swishing it around in his mouth before spitting it down the drain. Picking his duffel bag up from the floor, he tossed it on the bed, clearing enough floor space to do push-ups. He then began his personal morning PT routine.

Eight. Nine. Ten. Funny he thought, how numbers seemed so much more important now. What was it - eighteen ships left in this refugee fleet? Ten thousand people, a mere handful compared to the billion-plus who once inhabited the Twelve Colonies.

Fourteen. Fifteen. Sixteen. Forty-eight days ago he'd boarded an FTL shuttle bound for Outpost 29, a day before that he'd been wandering the hustle and bustle of the commercial section of the Scorpia Orbital Platform, his two 'bodyguards' in tow.

Twenty-one. Twenty-two. Twenty-three. Forty-seven days ago the Cylons had returned, destroying the Colonies, destroying everything he was running from, destroying everything to which he'd hoped to return.

Twenty-eight. Twenty-nine. Thirty. Twenty-six days ago the crew of Outpost 29 had dropped from seven to five, as Tamra and Kevin Kelviksen took their own lives. Sixteen days ago Outpost 29 had heard the fleet and called for help. The Kelviksens missed the rescue by just ten days.

Forty. Forty-one. Forty-two. Fifteen days ago the Cylons had boarded the Outpost and taken Erica Kyriakos' life, and Private Brian St Germain had given his in defense of the survivors. Fifteen days ago, a botched FTL jump had left the Outpost crippled and lost, but the six souls stranded aboard had pulled together and found their way back, four days later, in the enemy transport they'd hacked.

Forty-nine. Fifty. Dedrick finished the last push-up, then drew himself into a kneeling position. He took a long draw off the water bottle he'd carrried from the lavatory, looking up at the calendar he'd hung by the small mirror.

Eleven days ago he stepped foot for the first time aboard a battlestar. A Battlestar! He'd felt like a kid again - hell, he'd acted like one, staring in wonder at every bulkhead, at every crew member. Stepping off the Cylon ship, he'd surrendered his rifle, razer and sidearm to the Gunnery Sergeant. He'd then fallen in behind the liaison officer assigned to them and he was off into the wonderland that was the Battlestar Libra.

He'd dodged a transfer for almost three full days, soaking up as much of the ship's life as he could, and even managed a brief tour of CIC despite disapproving glances from the senior officers. Then he'd finally been forced, albeit politely, to follow Doctor Moreland to the Harvest Moon.

For the last week, he'd kept pretty much to himself, wandering the levels of the Harvest Moon, at least to the extent that the crew allowed him, avoiding close contact with anyone. When he wasn't out exploring, he stayed in his tiny berth, reading from the collection he kept on PDA data cards, and sleeping too much.

Today felt like a new day, a new week, time to change his pace. He glanced again at the calendar - Colonial Day. He wondered what sort of holiday it would be now. At least, if there was a gathering, it would give him a chance to find Trap, and maybe get a line on where O29's computer hardware had been sent. Then perhaps he could get back to his pet project.

He realized he was hungry, and threw on grey sweats before walking the hundred-and-fifty paces from his berth to the mess hall.

And it had been nine days since he'd seen Razorski.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse." - John Stuart Mill, British philosopher and Member of Parliament

Last edited by RangerLord on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next