It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Episode 14: Sixteen
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:19 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
D 70 T1935
Demeter Galley

"Joy on your birthday!
Joy on your birthday!
Joy on your birthday and blessings
For many years to come!

The singers made up in enthusiasm and volume what they lacked in musicality: Clive's baritone no longer anchored the impromptu chorus, but the mood was light and happy. Two birthday cakes graced the table - one green and pink for Ilka, and another blue and white for Hunt. Ilka's had a huge "16" piped on top, while Hunt's displayed a "16 7/36."

"Make a wish! Make a wish!" Else yelled as they got ready to blow the candles. Ilka closed her eyes tight and blew.

"What did you wish for?" Else asked.

Her older sister smiled. "I can't tell, or it won't come true..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:25 pm 
Site Gunslinger
Hunt regarded his cake thoughtfully, the candles still burning. “What if I don’t have a wish?” he asked, looking around at everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:34 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
Else stared at him with surprise. "How can you NOT have a wish? Everyone wishes for something! I wish to be a Viper pilot!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:39 pm 
Site Gunslinger
Eaglestar51 wrote:
Else stared at him with surprise. "How can you NOT have a wish? Everyone wishes for something! I wish to be a Viper pilot!"

“Well, you can have my wish, then, Else,” Hunt said. “I already have everything I ever wished for.” He looked at her seriously. “Go ahead, you can blow out my candles.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:44 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
GoldWolf wrote:
“Well, you can have my wish, then, Else,” Hunt said. “I already have everything I ever wished for.” He looked at her seriously. “Go ahead, you can blow out my candles.”

"It doesn't work like that, silly!" Else blurt out between giggles and exasperation. "It's your birthday and your wish! But you can wish that MY wish come true!"

The adults watched the exchange, smiling indulgently. They had survived the Gates of Hell and so far there were no signs of cylons. For the time being, all was right with their universe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 pm 
Pan Galactic 76
Day 70 Time 2011

A few days had passed since the ordeal in the clouds, and things aboard the ship had gotten back to normal. The day after emerging from the clouds they made contact with the Iasoan, and had a shuttle take the body there as well as a passenger who had broken an arm. Heather Bevfah was interested if the ship had had time yet to do an autopsy.

Code:

E-note time Day 70 Time 2013
To Iasoan.
To whom it may concern.

I would be interested as to the cause of death for the female Joy McCord. When you have the results please e-note me.

Thanks for all your help.
Pan Galactic 76
Heather Bevfah Ships captain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:01 pm 
Site Diagrammer
Location Unknown
Day 70 T1037
Searching for Survivors

Quote:
Previously on Battlestar Libra…
"I’m leaving," Joshua told Marcus firmly. "As in stealing a Cylon shuttle and leaving. I want to FTL away from this planet and see if anyone else survived - I can’t do that in a Colonial ship. But I’ve thought a lot about things and I’m not going to stay here and play ‘kill or be killed’ with them. They won and we lost... so I’m going to try and run away someplace where they are not around."

“We both have to do what we think is the right thing." Josh took a deep breath and thought a bit. "I need one of those Cylon shuttles," he said firmly, "or I won’t even get out of orbit before they find me."

Joshua Nordstrom angled his stolen Cylon shuttle into the atmosphere of yet another Colony planet and began descending gradually toward the explosion-scarred terrain below. Behind him the intimidating outlines of two Base Stars in orbit were a constant reminder of just how closely death continued to keep watch over him.

Nordstrom still wasn’t certain why he had chosen the particular moment he had to leave Marcus – perhaps some instinct deep inside him combined with the desperate feeling of sitting around accomplishing nothing. He couldn’t say for certain. All he knew was that he had to try and do something positive… to make some sort of difference. Even if he failed he knew his conscience would be quieter, as long as he tried as best he could.

After a thorough search of Picon he had found no other survivors. To be fair he had conducted his search from the air – and a reasonably high altitude - so any people who were on the surface were likely to keep hidden once they saw his stolen Cylon shuttle coming.

Since that time he had flown around – quite literally where ever he wished to – and managed to conduct brief searches of three additional planets. All of them were equally devastated, and aside from the huge numbers of enemy troops he had found no signs of surviving humans.

As he slowly made the descent toward the surface of the fifth Colony in his search, Joshua’s thoughts drifted toward the Cylon transponder system built into the shuttle… the same system that lit up every time other Cylon ships passed nearby. He was convinced that the device operated on a Cylon military frequency but could not be absolutely certain. Regardless, it was mighty obvious to him that something was identifying him to the enemy as a friendly, even if it wasn’t the specific device he suspected. He had no idea as to how long he had before they changed the code on him or his ship failed to report in when scheduled to – once that happened his cover was blown and his only remaining choice would be to FTL away very far from home.

Postponing the inevitable was currently his primary objective. While visiting one of the other Colony planets, he had discovered a small town with a minimal Cylon presence. Catching it by surprise, he had managed to use the shuttle’s lethal weapons system to gun down the Centurions stationed there and land long enough to refuel. Now he was once again running low on Tylium (as best he could tell with the still mostly unfamiliar equipment) and wondering where to go next.

As he descended to several thousand meters altitude, he could see a large chain of mountains bordering a vast wooded area to the west of him. He continued to descend beneath the 1,000 meter threshold and then steered north, flying over the remains of a large city. He studied several of the surrounding small towns carefully, noting that they sat almost completely untouched in the distance. The major cities of each planet he had visited all looked equally devastated, but the smaller towns and villages had been spared by the Cylons. However, the darkened atmosphere of this world was still filled with so much dark residue from the multiple nuclear detonations that Josh found himself unable to identify the planet without first seeing some more recognizable landmarks.

Picon had been easy for him – but he knew it only because it was his home and that was where he had escaped from. The second planet he had chosen after leaving his home world was almost certainly Geminon, but without a more detailed study and the ability to land safely for any length of time he could not be sure.

North of the larger city below he could see very little trace of the Cylon presence, and Joshua actually felt comfortable enough with the lack of visible activity to bring the shuttle down to within 100 meters of the surface. He flew over the outer suburban region of the large city and then passed over a couple of the smaller towns beyond. To the east lay a bunch of gently rolling hills and lots of untended farmland. The fields were still recognizable as alternating green and brown patches marked off for crops and hay, but nothing had been planted and no one was caring for them. To the west there was only a dark forest with tall, intimidating trees and lots of cover for survivors to hide in.

Babeep, beep beep beep beep…

Joshua flinched suddenly, realizing only after a console next to his left hand began electronically chirping for attention that he was extremely tense. At first, he didn’t really feel like someone burdened with anxiety, but the sudden distraction was a blunt reminder to him that his body had simply gotten used to the constant feeling of fear and uncertainty after spending several months running for his life.

They’ve finally figured out who I am, he thought wildly to himself. I should have FTLed away when I had the chance and now it’s too late. He shook his head sadly, noting that the fast moving object approaching his position on the Dradis console was almost certainly a missile.

Frak!” Nordstrom shouted with frustration as he pulled the shuttle into a steep climb and then pitched it suddenly forward. He was hoping that the sudden near stall maneuver followed just as quickly by a course adjustment rapidly down and away would give him at least a minor chance of avoiding the oncoming weapon. A loud explosion at the rear of the vessel and the acrid smell of burning insulation accelerated both his heartbeat and level of fear. His evasive maneuver had failed, and behind him he could hear the engines shut down. Like a huge stone falling from a mountain peak, Joshua’s ship descended uncontrolled toward the wooded terrain below.

The first impact against the top of the trees jolted him violently forward in the strange seat he occupied, but Nordstrom had thought ahead and used large seat-belt like cargo straps scavenged from the Picon base to secure himself to the chair. Although humanoids were capable of flying the strange Cylon ship, the large spacious interior gave Joshua the distinct impression was that they were built specifically to carry Centurions – equivalent to the Colonies’ marine troop transports.

Still in the process of learning how to fly the strange shuttle, there was only so much that he could do, and before he could try anything else he felt the ship’s forward velocity smash through one tree – followed almost immediately by another. With most of its forward momentum completely dissipated, the small ship dropped and impacted with the planet’s surface. It rolled on its side and the friction from the hull dragging against the rocky surface beneath it gradually brought the vessel to a stop.

Joshua laid there for a moment on his side, still strapped to the chair and rocked with pain from the points where the edges of the makeshift seatbelt had dug into his muscles. He undid the clips from the safety straps binding him and slowly moved his arms and legs to be certain that nothing was broken. He tasted a bit of blood but looked upon that as minor since he had bit his lip when the shuttle first impacted against the tree tops. Power faded from the consoles surrounding him, and he had to try three different manual controls before the explosive bolts in the shuttle’s rear hatch fired. The large metal doorway leaned outward and then fell sideways before flopping into the dirt ground beneath.

He was free of the chair’s improvised restraints but still completely shaken by the impact of the crash. Joshua had no idea how long he lay there – breathing deeply in and out to calm himself from the emotional shock of the impact – but eventually he managed to crawl out of his seat. He grabbed two duffle bags along with his rifle and then headed out into the daylight behind, fear gripping him as he remembered how fast the Centurions could run. And they don’t get tired either, his mind warned him mercilessly.

Staggering from minor injuries and the sudden, undeniable realization that he had been shot down, Joshua managed to hike a dozen yards or so before he felt a sharp pain in his right ankle and collapsed to the ground. Again he paused, breathing deeply to regain his composure. He rose to his feet and continued walking, almost making it into the trees before he glanced back and saw that he had left his rifle behind at the spot where he had fallen.

Frak… I am really making great decisions today, his mind snarled at him.

Clutching both duffel bags tightly in the crook of his left arm he ran back toward the weapon and fell to his knees, reaching for it with his free right hand. As Josh fought off a wave of dizziness he noticed a large hiking boot step onto the rifle before he could grab it – a man and a woman had stepped out of the trees unexpectedly and they moved fast enough to cut him off. The man smiled grimly at him and kicked the rifle aside. His own weapon was slung back across his shoulder and he carried a still-smoking, portable missile launcher in both hands.

“Gotcha!” the man sneered, then glanced carefully toward the gaping shuttle interior looking for signs of anyone else.

Joshua’s hand reached for his sidearm, but the woman pointed her rifle at him and shook her head no. Sighing heavily, Nordstrom dropped the duffel bags with resignation and held up both hands. “Go ahead you frakkers,” he said spitefully. “Shoot… killing is what you’re best at, isn’t it?”

The woman had bright red hair pulled back into a pony tail, and she glanced curiously at the tall, dark-haired man standing next to her. “He doesn’t look like one of the skin jobs Mike – not the ones we’ve seen around here anyway.”

“No, but the uniform he’s wearing is Picon fleet issue,” the man replied distastefully. “It’s quite probably another one of their frakking tricks… to lure us out into the open like this.”

“But what if it isn’t?” the woman asked persistently. “What if he’s just another survivor, like us?”

Mike shrugged, and motioned with his machine gun for Joshua to get up. “Fine,” he said heatedly. “We’ll take him back to camp with us and let Anders decide what to do with him.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:03 pm 
Day 70
1935 CUT
Cylon Occupied Picon

Marcus had decided to look for a cylon transport to use. This would require further planning and held thing down until he found one. This was not good delays meant still functioning cylons and still living colaborators.

If he used the raptor he would be caught by patrols of raiders. Centurians could also fire at him from the ground. They'd be looking for Colonial craft. He'd have to find one like Joshua and he had taken. Far from the first place they found one.

It was simple enough to pilot and with a little work he could figure out one on his own. The first one had been brought back to the bunker and studied. Marcus liked the idea of using cylon technology against them.

Marcus thought about going somewhere else to find a transport. It would be safer but it would be harder to find one without getting caught. He knew the the cylons might still be landing at the old spot. But it might clue them into someone being in the area. And that would end his war. He leaned forward on the couch and lit up a Caprican. Looking at the maps thinking about what to do next.

He wasn't good at military tactics. His father had tried to teach him. But he just didn't have it in him. Now here he was on a planet by himself and trying to plan things.

It had been awhile since they hit the cylons the first time. Maybe they didn't care. Centurians could be rebuilt. And they could get new colaborators from wherever they get the ones they have now. Not like they care what happens to them.

Thinking about Joshua, Marcus wondered where he was. He hoped that wherever he was he found something he was looking for. A safer place or a way off of the planet. But Marcus figured he was dead somewhere and if he had listened to him they'd both still be alive. Instead of the positon they were both in now.

Breaking open a bottle of Ambrosia he decided maybe that would help. Or maybe it wouldn't. He didn't give a frak right now. Leaning back against the back of the couch Marcus felt sad. How did things get like this. The cylons attack after fourty years. Why now? Why at all? They must have had their own world by now. Couldn't they just stay there and leave the colonies alone. Taking another puff from his Caprican he said. "Come and get me you frakking cylons. I'll take out a few of you out before I go." He felt tired from all the planning and a lack of sleep.

Marcus put down the Caprican, took another drink and laying his head back said "Oh frak it all. There's nothing left to worry about."

In a few minutes he fell asleep. Finally being taken over by the tiredness he'd been fighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:29 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
D70 2207
Iasoan

Reba Lynch hummed softly off key as she cleaned one of the pristine laboratories at Iasoan. The new doctor was still there, hunched over the microscope. She was a weird one, this transfer from the Outpost - she kept to herself, didn't speak unless spoken too, and then mostly in monosyllables. But Reba had long decided that the very intelligent were often... odd. There were many very intelligent, very odd people aboard Iasoan. Too many doctors who think they are gods, mostly, Reba smiled to herself as she continued emptying the wastebaskets and dusting the gleaming equipment.

Absently, as she had done countless times before, she cleaned around Dr. Long's microscope. And just as absently, she stiffled a sneeze with her gloved hand. Damn allergies!

Reba Lynch was blissfully unaware that in approximately 16 hours, she would become the first victim of HAIV37.

She hummed a little louder as she closed the door behind her.

She would never know what killed her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:37 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Day 71
Harvest Moon

Kalrk stood beside Captain Gibbs, under the archway, which was covered with apple and cherry blossoms.

The groom was nervous. He was there, and so were the guests: the Muellers and mcCormacks from Demeter, Xenthais Merconi, Dan Wolfe and Hugo Lopez.

Kalrk and Psy had discussed many times what size of guest list there should be. She had wanted just them and Gibbs, but Kalrk had explained that a minimum of two witnesses was needed, and he would prefer people they knew, instead of two arbitrary gardeners who might pass by.

Kalrk had first suggested they each invite one person, but he had a hard time inviting Xen and not the Muellers. And Psy liked the folks on Demeter, so the couple decided to jointly invite the Mueller family and the McCormack family.

Kalrk looked at the timepiece on his wrist. In truth it was more than that, it was his RistComm. He thought he might use it, but then she would probably think it an annoyance, while she was busy getting herself ready. So he lowered his arm.

"Someone's always late, Kalrk." Gibbs whispered to the man. "And sometimes it's the bride."

"She's not late." Kalrk whispered back. "She just wants to make a dramatic entrance."

He smiled reassuringly to the seated guests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 pm 
1005 Day 71
HarvestMoon

(writine with Steeler)

Scott Rovan bent down and picked the small weeds out of the grass, remembering to leave the dandelions. Leave them? He shook his head but those were his orders. He continued to pick around the ground when he noticed a beautiful redheaded lady, the one he had noticed several times before. Her red hair was curly and not in a ponytail. She was hunched over a bush with a bouquet of dandelions lying on the ground next to her. But why was she hunched over? The tell tell sounds of someone getting rid of last nights dinner could be heard. Concern flashed across his face and he went towards her.

“Here let me help you.” He bent over next to her and pulled her red hair behind her back, continuing to hold it while she got business done.

Psy wanted to Cry as nerves got the better of her. She was about to marry the man she loved seconds away from it in fact and here she was vomiting in a bush. Suddenly she felt warm arms around her as some one pulled her hair away from her face for a second she though it was Kalrk until reality intruded and she realized Kalrk had never done this for her and probably never would. As the last of the contents of her stomach emptied out Psy pulled back so she was no longer hunched over but was sitting up strait. She felt a mess and was more then a little bit embarrassed to be found like this. With as much dignity as she could muster under the circumstance she turned to the man who had helped her out "Thank you.. I don’t imagine brides should walk down the isle with vomit in there hair" she said sardonically.

“Well even if it were, and don’t worry I don’t see any in there, there is enough beauty on you to hide it.” Scott said with a genuine smile on his face.

Strangely Psy found herself blushing at his words "Again thank you" she said while trying to untangle her crown of dandelions that was hanging from her head instead of neatly perched on top where it belonged.

He took the liberty of helping her again. “Wait…here…just this little bit of hair…there you go…perfect.”

Her eye's met his as he used both hands to smooth over her hair, for the first time she realized he was a quite a good looking man with kind but mischievous eye's, a look that intrigued her. Suddenly realizing that he had stopped fixing her hair and was staring back at her she shook herself free of her mental musings and bolted up to a standing position "Sorry I really do have to be on my way" she said.

Just as she was hit by a dizzy spell nearly bringing her back down to her knees.

“Whoa take it easy he said to her.” Offering his hand for support if she needed it.

Grabbing on to his offered hands, she unintentionally found herself in his arms. She pulled out quickly but with the world still spinning around her head she kept hold of his arm. "Your just my knight is shinning armor today" she said gratefully "I am so going to be late for my own wedding, in fact I’m sure I all ready am." she added sadly "Would you mind helping me one last time? I really need to get going and I’m still not steady on my feet enough to make it on my own." She asked him pleadingly an image of a worried Kalrk in her mind and more then a little anxious to finally be his wife.

He let her hold his hands for as long as she wanted to. A woman like this deserved all the time she needed. “Wedding? Well that figures, a beauty like you would not be single for long.”

She smiled at his complement and latched on properly to his arm like a bride would to her father on her wedding day taking a few steps Psy suddenly stopped "My bouquet" sighing wearily at herself "I’m forgetting my bouquet... some bride I am." She said exasperatedly.

He looked around, saw that they were by the bush were they first met. He looked around and saw a small bench nearby. “You need to sit for just a little bit, you look like your going to faint.” She let him lead her to the bench, and he helped her use his arm to stable her drop to the bench. Seeing she was ok for the moment he retrieved the bouquet. He laid it next to her and said. “Breath in and out…nice and slow.”

Psy watched him as he tended to her unsure how to react not used to having some one care for or tend to her and all with out her prompting, but decided she liked the sensation of it. "I feel like an idiot saying thank you again." She paused. "If you ever need anything please let me know, I kind of owe you big time." And extending her hand. "Psyche D'Argent, well, soon to be Psyche Kalrk."She instinctively smiled at the thought, glowing and obviously brimming with happiness.

“Well a good looking lady like yourself, I hope he treats you well.” His eyes had the look of sincerity in them.

"I wouldn’t be marrying him if he didn't.” Picking up her bouquet she stood her self up finding all dizziness had left her "Now I really have to run, see you around sometime." Psy then bolted hoydenly to her wedding.

“Bye.” He cried out as she bolted away from him.

Whether or not you ever show up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:43 pm 
Site Canon Cop
1015, Day 71
Harvest Moon

Psy ran as fast as her long dress would let her, stopping just outside the ceremony area to try and catch her breath. Touching her cheeks she could feel they were flushed, but she was not willing to wait any longer for them to go back to normal.

Taking a deep breath, as her stomach jumped into her throat, Psy bit on her bottom lip to get control of her nerves, an almost overwhelming sense of giddiness at the prospect of what was about to happen.

No longer panting from the run she started to move forward, reaching the wedding area and the aisle she was to walk down both sides of which were surrounded by their guests which she did not notice, only having eyes for the man in front of her.

So engrossed in the moment and her jubilation that she was to become Kalrk's wife, the world ceased to exist; she did not even notice her dandelion crown had tilted off the side of her head or that her hair, normally every strand perfectly in place, looked wild and free.

Captain Gibbs, on seeing Psyche, tapped the small switch on the ground, beginning the instrumental bridal tune.

And Kalrk smiled broadly. There she was. The most beautiful person that had ever existed. She was a goddess.

Her low cut Grecian dress was crumpled and there was a grass stain on the hem of it. It even took her a moment to notice that Captain Gibbs had started the Bridal march music, not that she walked down the aisle in time with it as in her eagerness she practically ran down the aisle, arriving at Kalrk’s side well before the song had reached its conclusion.

Kalrk held her in his arms, and kissed her.

Captain Gibbs cleared his throat, so as to get the couple's attention. "Shall we begin?' He asked all present, with some amusement in his voice.

Kalrk and Psy were now facing one another, each having taken a half step backward.

The music faded.

Captain Gibbs cleared his throat again. "Ladies and gentlemen… dear friends, we have gathered here to bear witness of the sealing of this man and this woman, in the state of blessed union… a union not only for now, but for all the eternities."

Beside Captain Gibbs was a small table/podium with four foot long legs. On top of it, the guests could see the gold decorative container.

Gibbs gestured to the table, and Kalrk and Psy each took something small.

As Kalrk put it on his finger he looked into his bride’s eyes and said, “With this ring I seal myself to you, Psyche, for all eternity.”

And the bride, putting hers on, declared, “With this ring I seal myself to you, Kalrk, for all eternity.”

As the pair stood there, lost in each other, Gibbs opened the decorative container on the table and removed a silvery, metallic chain that had a large medallion, the Seal of the Lords of Kobol.

Psyche and Kalrk lifted their ringed hands, joined them, and had them at chest height.

Then, Gibbs rested the medallion on top of their hands, and wrapped the chains around them.

"Psyche. Kalrk. Under the eyes of those assembled here, and bound as you are by the symbol of the Lords of Kobol, I declare you sealed. And you… so say you both?”

“So say we both.” The couple said in unison, and then kissed.

Gibbs concluded, “So say we all.”

And the guests repeated, “So say we all.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:47 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
[Mostly GoldWolf's]

Harvest Moon
Day 71 Time 1015
Pvt Dan Wolfe and LCpl Josette Benoit

Dan watched the ceremony carefully. It was hard to pay attention, because Jo was right next to him, her hand in his… and she was wearing a dress. But he had to pay attention, so he could get an idea of what a wedding was like.

He didn’t have any fancy civilian clothing, so he’d had to wear his dress uniform. He’d last worn it only two months ago, at the ceremony for the dead, on Libra, but he must have grown since then. It was tight across his shoulders and upper arms, and he thought glumly of all those pushups the Gunnery Sergeant had been making him do. He stopped himself from pulling at the collar again; Josie had more than once given him the evil eye for fiddling with it.

Oh, but Josette! She looked positively stunning! She was wearing a dress of some soft fabric, a color somewhere between blue and green, and it fit her perfectly. Dan had seen her in civilian clothes before, and work-out clothes, in shorts and t-shirt, in a towel, and in… well, practically naked, but there was something about her in that dress that drove him nuts.

Quickly he steered his thoughts away from his Josie in a dress or anything else; and then Psyche made her appearance, and he was able to successfully pay attention to the wedding. Psy was radiantly beautiful in her long dress; her fiery hair was loose around her shoulders and she looked supremely happy as she practically ran down the aisle to Kalrk.

Josette gasped softly when she saw Psy rush down the aisle to her soon-to-be-husband. She was radiant! Psy had always been beautiful, almost unnaturally so, but today! - today she glowed, and the lopsided dandelion crown and the wild flowing hair only intensified her beauty. The man waiting for Psy down the aisle only had eyes for his redheaded sprite, and the love shining in his eyes softened his harsh handsome features. Josette watched them, acutely aware of the tall man beside her, and she moved closer to him and held his hand. Soon she too would don a wedding dress and walk down an aisle to a waiting groom, love shining in his eyes. She knew she would never look as beautiful as Psy, but Dan loved her, and that was enough.

The ceremony itself was performed by Captain Gibbs, but Dan knew that Jo wanted a priest for their wedding. It wasn’t very long, and he hoped that their wedding, his and Josie’s, would also be short.

And soon. He really wanted it to be soon.

Then it was time to congratulate the bride and groom, and Dan hugged Psy gently, and shook Kalrk’s hand. They made a very handsome couple, and he had to smile at their obvious love for each other.

“Gods,” he murmured softly to Jo as they moved away to let others congratulate the couple, “is that how we look at each other?”

Josette bumped into him playfully. "Oui," she said with a chuckle, "only my hair looks better!"

He put his arm around her waist and held her close. He bent his head and whispered in her ear, “That’s because you are more beautiful than she is! But don’t tell her I said that!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 am 
Site Gunslinger
Battlestar Libra Hangar Deck
Day 71 Time 0600
CPO Alexandra MacLean

Mac looked at D844NC and sighed. She was almost tempted to call it scrap… but it was the bird that Lt Carbonaro flew. She’d gotten to know him a little as they’d worked on the cylon raider together, and the heavy raiders. He was pretty badly injured, she knew; she’d heard he’d been transported to the Iasoan because their medical facilities were top-notch. She wished someone would remember to tell her how injured pilots were doing. These were the people she entrusted her ships to!

She just couldn’t bear the thought of scrapping this Viper. When he was back on flight status, he’d want to fly it again. She had finally caught up on the urgent repairs to the other ships; work on modifying the Crusaders’ ships to FTL was progressing nicely—now she had time to work on 844.

“Okay, baby, let’s see what we can do,” she told the Viper, and got to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:41 am 
Site Legal Eagle
Harvest Moon
Day 71 Time 1018
The Muellers and Major Merconi

Inga wiped an errant tear with ther husband's hankerchief. Karl knew by now to bring them to weddings - Inga always became a waterfountain the moment the strains of the Bridal tune were heard! They looked into each other's eyes and the years melted away - she was again a young lieutenant in the fleet, and he the quirky captain who quoted poetry and epic mythical battles when discussing attack plans; they stood outside, under Canceron's soft summer sun, as the old priest performed the ancient rites that bound them to each other. A mischievous breeze played with Inga's long unbound hair and one long golden strand came to rest on Karl's shoulder. They smiled; it was a sign! - their love was stronger than a heavy chain of duty and honor and committment, it was a shimmering gossamer breath, a butterfly's wing, a wisp of whimsy... It was two heartbeats beating as one.

Their hands found each other as they watched the familiar ceremony and another couple begin what they hoped was a long happy journey together...

Major Xenthais Merconi stood slightly off to the side, magnificent in her dress uniform and her self-imposed isolation. She blinked away the speck of dust that had obviously irritated her eyes; that was the only plausible explanation for the sudden moisture there. She was happy for her friend Kalrk, she truly was; she wished them a successful marriage - the tiny bump below the bride's waist evidenced it was already a fruitful one. She cleared her throat and willed the bitterness away. It was Kalrk's and Psy's day, and they were happy together. Fates and cylons permitting, they would be so for many years to come...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next