It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Episode 17: Cold Hard Truth
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:48 pm 
Site Canon Cop
“And the demons walked among men but were recognized not.”
– from “Book of Algineaus, the Minor Prophet”

Forty years ago, the cylons left the Colonies to find their own path.

Two years ago, the cylons returned, but the humans didn’t know it.

Eighty–three days ago, the cylons attacked the twelve Colonies.

Today, cylons continue to walk among humans, but are not recognized.

Last edited by Silon on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:48 pm 
Site Canon Cop
1832, Day 83
Palatine

When Psy exited the tiny bathroom of the cabin, she saw that Kalrk was putting on his black flightsuit.

“Cole’s been arrested.” Kalrk said before she could ask him what was the matter. “We’re going to Harvest Moon, to talk to Sarah.”

"Did they say what for?" she asked anxiously.

He pointed at his portable computer on the small desk, that was hooked into the ship’s communications so that he could check his e-notes in the comfort of the cabin. Having Captain Remus as a friend had its perks.

Code:
Quote:
Kalrk and Psy!

I have some bad news, maybe you have heard it already, but several days ago, I was contacted by a friend of Richards, it seems he was taken under arrest under charges of sabotage.

At the moment, he is being held on Libra.

I talked to Captain Baker, who's temporarily taken Richards place on Perseus, and he told me he will make sure that I am allowed to see Richard.
I will, just as a precaution, contact that friend of Richards too....should Baker be "unable" to get me the permission...

I depart for Libra tomorrow morning at 0830 CUT.

Sarah

PS: I hope you "three" have fun at the convention!

Shaking her head at the note, Psy remarked, "So they think cole is a bilon." she looked up at Kalrk and his worried expression and knew all that was worrying him, as it worried her too.
"I could maybe help prove he is not." she said quietly.

Kalrk was fully in his flight gear now, minus the helmet. "We'll talk to Sarah first, before we… consider other options. Ready to go?"

Nodding her head in agreement, to talking to Sara firs,t Psy answered Kalrk's question. "Yes."

"Good. We'll send an e-note to Liala saying we might miss tomorrow's session, as a matter came up tonight on Harvest Moon.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:49 am 
Site Gunslinger
Day 82 Time 1844
Battlestar Libra Medical Section
Dr Ralph DeValera

DeValera reviewed Richard Cole’s medical records again, only confirming what he had earlier theorized. Doesn’t hurt to be thorough, Ralph, he told himself, and composed a memo:

Code:
D82 T1845
To: Dr. Antoine DaSilva
Re: Colonel Richard Cole

Dr. DaSilva,

I am attempting to verify some data in Colonel Richard Cole’s medical records. I am curious about his prosthetic eye implant. It appears to be functioning nearly as well as a normal eye--truly an impressive achievement. Do you or any of your staff have a reason to believe that the implant would have an impact on Col Cole’s thoughts or actions, aside from his understandable gratitude at having full visual acuity?

I would also like to thank you for the information you sent concerning Persis Long. We are investigating the possibility of clones working as cylon collaborators. I’d ask that you keep this strictly confidential until Commander Rodrigues has determined how to handle the matter. Related to the case of Persis Long, I have two questions:

1. Did she have access to the Iasoan’s pharmaceuticals, specifically those on the list attached; and

2. Would she have been able to speak with or examine Col Cole at any time while he was on the Iasoan for his eye surgery? If yes, is anyone aware that she did so?

Thank you for your assistance, and for keeping all data concerning this matter confidential.

//Signed//

Ralph DeValera, MD, PsyD
Major, Colonial Navy Medical Services

Attachment: List of psychotropic medications

He sent the message, and glanced at the time. He’d been called to the Palatine very early that morning—before 0300—and still had some clients to follow up with here on the Libra before he was due to report back to the Palatine at 0700 the next day. Hopefully he’d hear back from Dr DaSilva before then.

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper, about budget cuts for the US’s intelligence agencies: "We're not going to do more with less and all these other clichés. . . . We will just simply have less capability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:23 am 
Site Gunslinger
Code:
D83 T1930
To: Dr Sarah Vaillant, Harvest Moon
Temporarily on duty on the Palatine

Dr Vaillant,

I have ensured your name is on the access list to visit Colonel Richard Cole.

If you have any difficulties or questions, please have the on-duty Marine guard put a wireless call through to me at any time.

Razorski

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper, about budget cuts for the US’s intelligence agencies: "We're not going to do more with less and all these other clichés. . . . We will just simply have less capability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:13 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
Day 83 Time 0630

Code:
To: Dr. Ralph DeValera
      Major, Colonial Navy Medical Services
Re: Colonel Richard Cole

Dr. DeValera,

Thank you for your kind note.  The answers to the questions posed follow:

1.  Do you or any of your staff have a reason to believe that the implant would have an impact on Col Cole’s thoughts or actions, aside from his understandable gratitude at having full visual acuity?

The implant contains a transmitter that converts images to electric impulses which are routed to the appropriate sector of the brain.  We have had no indication of such transmitter having had an impact on other brain functions in Col. Cole or any other patient who has received a similar device. 

2. Did Dr. Persis Long have access to the Iasoan’s pharmaceuticals, specifically those on the list attached?

Yes, Dr. Long had full access to Iasoan's pharmaceutical stores.

2. Would she have been able to speak with or examine Col Cole at any time while he was on the Iasoan for his eye surgery? If yes, is anyone aware that she did so?

As head immunologist, Dr. Long was ultimately responsible for the immunosupressant regimen, if any, patients are placed in when they receive an implant.  In view of Col. Cole's position in the Fleet, I asked her to handle the case personally, which she did.  I trust Col. Cole has not experienced any adverse conditions as a result of his surgery.  If you suspect any problem, I can arrange for examinations with Dr. Reynard, the surgeon who operated on him, as well as any other doctor you deem appropriate.  Needless to say, Col. Cole's records are available for your examination at your convenience.

Cordially,

//signed//

Antoine DaSilva, MD
Medical Director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 pm 
Site Gunslinger
Day 83 Time 0630
Battlestar Libra Medical Services
Dr (Maj) Ralph DeValera

DeValera quickly read the return memo that Dr DaSilva had sent in reply to his inquiry about Col Cole. With a nod, he hit “forward” on the memo, sending it on to Commander Rodrigues, with an addition at the bottom:

Quote:
Commander, this information from Dr DaSilva confirms my hypothesis about the Perseus sabotage and Col Cole—firstly, that if he was responsible for the sabotage, it cannot be attributed to his prosthetic eye; and secondly, Persis Long had opportunity and probably also the knowledge to hypnotize Col Cole and plant hypnotic suggestions for him to conduct the sabotage he has been accused of, without his knowledge of the suggestions OR any memory of having conducted the sabotage.

If you have any questions, I can be reached via Palatine security; I should be back on board Libra at 1600 today.

DeValera

He sent the message, then ran for the flight deck so he wouldn’t miss the shuttle to the Palatine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:07 pm 
Site Gunslinger
[With Eaglestar51]

D84 1035
Convention Meeting Room
Palatine
Maj. Xenthais Merconi

She had not slept well last night. She'd tossed and turned restlessly, waking every few hours for no apparent reason. Or at least no reason she was willing to contemplate.

Now, in the light of the morning (even if it was an artificial morning artfully orchestrated by the Palatine light wizards), she could accept to herself that perhaps she'd been a tad unfair with Major Duncan. She didn't have the facts. Maybe the evidence against Col. Cole was solid. Irrefutable even. Major Duncan had had a duty, and he'd done it. And despite the words she'd hurled at him last night, she knew about duty and honor. In his place, she'd have probably done the same.

But it was better this way.

She spied him moving like a ghost across the periphery of the meeting hall. People didn't notice him; he blended in like a shadow... Yet she was aware of him, could tell precisely where he was at any given moment he spent inside the room.

No. It was better this way. She wrapped those words around her like a cloak and turned back to listening to the drone of ludicrous windbags.

Duncan had given up on the idea of ever really sleeping soundly again. He was so used to being tired, he wasn’t sure if he remembered how it felt to be fully rested. He’d been exhausted after Major Merconi had left his quarters—exhausted in spirit if not body. He had managed to sleep a little, and then his usual routine, run the passageways and then join the Gunnery Sergeant for PT, before he had some breakfast and began his duties.

Duty. As he circulated through the assembly hall, and the passageways of the convention levels, he thought about duty and loyalty. Why did it seem that the two weren’t always compatible? He’d even looked them up in the dictionary, finding the meanings that meant the most sense to him, and still there was conflict.

Duty: a moral or legal obligation; the force of moral obligation

Loyal: unswerving in allegiance; faithful to a person or ideal

The more he thought about it, the more confused he got. No matter which way he turned, it was the wrong way…

He saw her, as he went about his duties. He’d let his anger take over his reason, in their fight, and he’d said things he regretted now. Heat is for the fire… he thought morosely, and he wondered how his father had been so even–tempered in the face of his mother’s anger.

His best bet, he decided, was to just let it end. She’d been a great frak… amazing, actually… but that was all. The last thing he needed was more conflict and confusion in his life.

But he felt her eyes on him, when no one else was even aware of his presence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 pm 
Site Gunslinger
[With thesteeler]

Day 83 Time 1732
Astral Dawn
Antoina Seda and Tommy Templeton

In the five weeks since the last fight they’d put on, Toni and Tommy had organized four fights, each more successful than the last. They’d started ranking the fighters, not just by weight, but also by experience—their win-loss record. They’d even set up a workout and training program, for aspiring fighters as well as their ‘regulars’.

The most recent fight had filled the cargo bay to capacity; Aramis had even had to turn people away, and that brought up some concerns for the two. And then there were the proceedings at the Constitutional Convention… both Toni and Tommy listened to each wireless broadcast, laughing over some of the inanities, and seriously discussing the more valid points.

One thing especially hit home for Toni; it was from a speech by a Wade Bensen, a mining foreman, about the viewpoint of the miners… “They know full well that some of the civilians on the other ships are choosing not to work - even a little. The fact that these people receive the same type and amount of rations each and every day that they do angers them…”

She repeated this out loud to Tommy. “You know, Tom, he’s got a point,” she said musingly. “You and I have both been there… working our asses off while the rich sat around reaping the benefits.” They were relaxing in one of the Dawn’s more luxurious lounges, side-by-side on a sofa. Toni absentmindedly caressed the back of Tom’s hand, resting on her thigh, as she spoke. “Our fights provide a service—a distraction, entertainment, a morale booster, which is also important in the grand scheme of things. But we’re really limited by the space we have… and by the need to keep it quiet.”

“I’m a little worried about the fans getting an idea that we are profiting too well on this, see us as rich people.” Tommy rubbed Toni’s thigh a little faster after completing the sentence.

“Yes, exactly,” she agreed. “It’s damn hard work, getting these things organized, but no one understands that. And we really need more room than we have in the cargo bay… but the more people who know about it, the greater the chances are that someone who shouldn’t, will find out.”

Tommy looked as if he was contemplating every word she had just said, and it took him a moment before he could reply, and when he finally did it was obvious that he was still in thought. “Only… seems… like… I heard… I heard some rumors, Toni.”

“Rumors?” she asked, looking at him intently.

He looked up into her eyes and said. “Not good ones either… I overheard some people at the last fight wondering if the wagering had been rigged in favor of people we like, and for ourselves.”

“Oh, that’s not good, Tom,” she shook her head, slightly alarmed. “We’re not rigging anything… but how do we convince them?

“You know that might be it though--we are in ever increasing danger of being found out… It’s getting too big. Maybe we should go public. We just might have a chance to get this fight club legit.”

“What?” Toni stared at Tom incredulously. “Go legit? But…”

Tommy interrupted her. “But it might be the only way, it would solve our concerns, and it’s not so illegal…we have not killed anyone, and like you said it’s a morale booster, the military could even take advantage from it to spot new recruits.” Tommy could tell the words were sinking in. “What would not be legal is to continue this… in the way we are doing it now. We can beat them to the punch, right now they are so preoccupied with this convention it just might fly under the DRADIS.”

Toni sat and thought. Finally, she said, “You know, Tom… I think you have what could be a brilliant idea. But—how do we do it?”

“Now that is the one million cubit question isn’t it.” Tommy reached for his drink and took a large gulp of it down. “I have a couple of ideas, I see we have a television crew in the fleet, but first…it seems to me that friends can have certain pull within the fleet, takes someone to know someone to get something done.”

Toni smiled. “Well, I do have my… way of finding out things, and getting things we need.” She stroked his leg. “Who, though?”

They both sat quietly, thinking, and then Toni shook her head. “Of course,” she said. “I should have thought of him right away—Aramis! He’ll know who we can go to… and I know he accepts my kind of payment… but he won’t blab about it, especially if we keep him in on the deal.”

Tommy frowned and in a low voice barley even heard to himself he sarcastically said. “Aramis….always the hero…always in the way…”

“Hmm?” Toni asked. “What was that, Tom?”

Tommy did not care to share his jealousy with Toni at the moment, so he spoke up. “Yeah Aramis…our hero…I’m sure he could help us.” But his body language was a dead giveaway to Toni.

She sighed. “I know you don’t like him, but this is business, Tom. He can help us.”

Tommy stood up and started to speak, but he knew it would come out in a shout so he bit his lip, took a deep long breath and then finally said. “It’s not that I dislike Aramis.”

Toni looked at him, and thought about saying something… but decided it was best to let the matter lie.

Last edited by GoldWolf on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:35 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
D84 T1446
Dr. Karl Mueller's cabin
Palatine
Else Mueller

Code:
Dear Mama and Ilka,

I hope you're well, Mama, and that Ilka is getting better.  Papa is at the Convention, but I'm in our room writing to you because I was bored.  Hunt is busy drawing all the time, and Aunt Xen and Papa are are busy with the Convention.  Papa reads and writes [u]all the time[/u]!

I have met a lot of new people.  I even met a Major from Perseus, at breakfast the other day.  He's Aunt Xen's friend.  (Ilka, you should see him - he's really cute for an old guy!)

Sushi is so fat with the kittens her belly brushes the floor.  And she still has more than a week to go!  Ferdie says she will have lots of kittens - maybe 8!  I'll ask Papa to take me back home before Sushi has the kittens, because I want to be there when they are born.  If you're still in the hospital, Ilka, I'll take one or two when I visit so you can see them.

Well, that's it.  I'm fine but this convention thing is very very VERY boring.  People talking and arguing all the time.  You guys are lucky you're not here.

I miss you a lot.  Even Ilka.  Get well soon so you and Mama can get back home.

Love,

Else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:02 pm 
Site Diagrammer
The Palatine
D84 T0904
Allan Master’s Quarters

Previously on Battlestar Libra

Quote:
Kalrk had to know if Six was a sleeper or not. And as crude as it was, it was the only real way to find out; he walked up behind her.

The knock at the door was not unexpected. Allan stood up from his seat at the room’s desk and answered it quickly, allowing two women to enter.

“I appreciate this Ms. Cardelli,” he said gratefully to Adrianna. “I know you’re going to have to miss a bit of this morning session…”

“Wade and Henry are both capable of taking notes for me,” she replied. Turning to the young woman next to her she smiled warmly. “This is Kandyce Nelson… she’s one of the handicapped people who helps us with the tylium processing aboard the Necromancer.”

“Yes,” he stated firmly, “Her specific handicap is precisely why I need assistance from both of you,” he said with a grin. “Please tell her ‘good morning’ from me and ask her if she wants some coffee or some donuts…”

Kandyce was a young adult, about twenty or so years old with short dark hair and a cute figure. She was also completely deaf, a condition that she had been born with. Adrianna repeated Masters’ good wishes to her out loud, at the same time using sign language to make certain the message was conveyed properly.

“She doesn’t want any coffee, but she would like a donut,” replied Adrianna, accepting the plate offered by Allan. Kandyce took one of the pastries and quickly began eating hungrily.

Masters’ ushered them over to the desk and had them both sit down across from him. In the center of the desk, he swiveled his portable laptop with extra wide screen toward them so that everyone could see the paused image on it.

“So far we have located virtually no one, other than a couple of brief boyfriends who know nothing, who actually knew Ms. Warren… the deceased delegate,” Masters explained. “That’s why this video footage from the convention intrigues me… both Mr. and Mrs. Kalrk apparently approached her and held a conversation with Carilyn during the opening day. We’ve got video of the conversation, but since there were so many people in the room and the area so large our audio samples became impossible to isolate.”

“So you need someone who can read lips,” Adrianna guessed.

“Precisely. Mr. and Mrs. Kalrk are facing away from the camera that recorded the confrontation for most of their discussion, but we’ve been able to enlarge the salvageable images – particularly those of Carilyn. I’m going to play them for you both and I’d like Kandyce to translate for me.” He paused, thinking the matter through. “If, for any reason, she is unsure of what is being said she should indicate so.” He set a cassette recorder on the desk and turned it on. “I’m also going to record our conversation, so that we don’t have to shuttle her all the way over from the Grandeur again.”

“Of course,” acknowledged Adrianna. She made a series of hand gestures using sign language. Kandyce replied back and the two continued their silent conversation until the frightened young woman finally nodded. “She says she will do her best for you,” Adrianna said with a cheerful nod.

Masters played the first portion of his video, which focused almost exclusively on enhanced close ups of Carilyn Warren speaking.

Quote:
Kalrk had to know if Six was a sleeper or not. And as crude as it was, it was the only real way to find out; he walked up behind her.

And as the ballroom was being emptied of delegates, he spoke up rather loudly for her to hear. "Excuse me, Miss? Have we met?"

He had found her. She showed no reaction – this was going to happen, sooner or later...

"No...I don't believe we have." she said, giving him a dazzling smile. "I'm Carilyn Warren."

Adrianna watched Kandyce closely. “The woman said ‘No… I don’t believe we have’,” she told Masters, watching curiously as he scribbled notes on a yellow legal pad. Once he was finished he let the silent video footage of the conversation continue to roll. This time it zoomed back as Mrs. Kalrk also entered the picture…

Quote:
“Nice to meet, you, Ms. Warren.” he shook her hand amiably. "I'm Kalrk." he looked at her and squinted, as though he were trying to remember something. "I'm sure we've met before. Are you from Sagittaron?"

Finally catching up to her husband, Psy scolded him "Kal, you’re making me look bad, love. I’m supposed to be your bodyguard, and you’re leaving me in your dust." she said just behind him, entwining her hand with his as she finally came beside him.

"I've moved around a lot." Carilyn Warren said, with a smile, and was careful to use all the details, in her next words, that her cover would support, as to her pre-attack’s life. "Used to be in insurance sales. Before...Well, you know." she hung her head, and changed her expression, just as so many of the humans did now, when discussing the homecoming of the Cylon race. She let her gaze drift, then, to the human who had just run up beside Kalrk.

Allan waited patiently for the translation.

“The red-haired woman said something about ‘leaving me in your dust’,” Adrianna said slowly, watching Kandyce closely as she spoke. Kandyce nodded affirmatively as she read Adrianna’s lips. “The other woman said that ‘she used to move around a lot and that she was in insurance sales… before… well, you know’.”

“Good good, this is going great!” Allan said enthusiastically. He played some more of the video for them.

Quote:
"Honey, this is Ms. Warren." Kalrk said to his wife. "And this is my dear wife, Psyche." he said to the Six. “I am sure we have met before. Which ship are you representing?”

"Delighted to meet you." Six said to Psy, shaking her hand, and then glancing back at Kalrk. "I'm one of the representatives from Granduer."

Psy took her hand back from the woman, and rested it on her tummy, giving it an unconcious rub,and sized up the woman before her.

Again the enhanced video zoomed back to allow a full shot of all three people.

“She could see Kalrk speaking briefly in that one,” Adrianna translated. “He asked her which ship she was representing, and Carilyn replied that she was from the Grandeur.”

Quote:
"Grandeur... Captain Keramidas' ship… where the Security Chief, Aaron Dirac, fought and killed the frakking cylon collaborator." Kalrk said with some venom in his voice.

“It doesn't make sense." Warren said, shaking her head as a human might. "Why would anyone do it? Why would anyone collaborate with the Cylons?"

Kandyce looked puzzled this time and hesitated. Allan replayed the most recent segment for her and she watched it again. This time she spent a bit more time signing her translation to Adrianna.

“We had to settle on a new sign for ‘Cylon’,” Adrianna explained. “She was using ‘robot’ but we modified it slightly so that I will know that she is being specific. According to Kandyce, she can’t tell what Kalrk said but Carilyn stated that ‘it doesn’t make sense. Why would anyone do it? Why would anyone collaborate with the Cylons’?”

Allan leaned forward intently. “Are you certain?” he asked Kandyce, making sure she could see him speaking. He watched her nod in reply and continued to add notes to the writing already on his legal pad. “So in the space of fifteen to twenty seconds, Kalrk definitely said something about one or more of the Cylon collaborators. Interesting…”

They continued watching the video.

Quote:
"SIX.. reasons..." Kalrk said.

She gave no reaction, to the mention of her model...and instead widened her eyes in surprise, as a human might....

"You know the reason? More than one reason, even? But...how? How could anyone choose to do such a thing?"

After watching Kandyce closely and having her repeat her signs to be sure, Adrianna translated. “You know the reason? More than one reason, even? But… how? How could anyone choose to do such a thing?

Quote:
"SIX reasons." Kalrk replied. "I said there are SIX reasons. I'm sure you've heard the rumors… your ship is full of fanciful ideas."

"My ship", she said, looking offended as a human might, "Is no more full of flights of fancy than any other ship. And I must admit, I am confused by what you are speaking of."

She turned to Psy, then, as a human might turn to another for clarification.
"Do you have any idea what he's talking about?"

This time Kandyce repeated multiple times, rewatching the video twice more and finally shaking her head.

“She’s not certain of all of it this time,” Adrianna said. “Something about ‘My ship is no more full of lights of fancy’, followed by a statement by Ms. Warren that she was very confused.”

“Good enough,” Allan said. He continued forward with the video.

Quote:
"You're a delegate to this convention...” It was Kalrk. “...and you're playing dumb with me. You always were the least effective liar."

"Liar? You're calling me a liar??? I have no idea what's going on here, but if you persist in this harrasment, I'm afraid our conversation is through."

The translation process proceeded more quickly this time, since Carilyn’s statement was made in anger. “Ms. Warren became very upset… it appears that Kalrk said something that she interpreted as an accusation of lying. She denied being a liar and told him to quit harassing her or their conversation was over.”

Allan continued to write notes as the video played onward.

Quote:
"We've met before. If you think really hard, you'll remember." He said more plainly, without the surface anger.

She stood there for a few moments, then shook her head. "I'm sorry. I have no memory of ever meeting you."

“Ms. Warren politely apologized, and repeated that she had no memory of ever meeting him.”

Allan looked at the video and the partial translation on the notepad in front of him. “This is really damned odd,” he commented, putting the edge of his pen against his lower lip. “Really odd. He seems convinced that they’ve met before.”

“And she looks totally baffled by the whole conversation,” Adrianna commented. “She’s obviously very confused as to why she looks familiar to him.”

“Kalrk is a newlywed,” Allan said. “And his wife is right there with him, so he’s not someone who I would expect to be using that ‘haven’t we met’ before line on a beautiful blonde stranger. I truly wonder what so piqued his interest in a woman who turned up dead less than 24 hours later…” He took a deep breath and smiled at Kandyce. “You’re doing great,” he told her with a smile. “Let’s continue, there isn’t much left and we can send you back to your ship.”

Quote:
"Well... " he was stuck; maybe she was the first ever sleeper Six. ".. we've met now. And we'll be seeing each other at the sessions."

"Indeed." she said. "With any luck, something might even be accomplished soon..." she said, with a slight laugh.

“Yes, very soon.” Kalrk said politely. “See you soon.”

"And you as well." she said, with a farewell nod to them both, as she walked away.

‘Indeed… with any luck, something might even be accomplished soon…’” Adrianna translated. “Then Kalrk says something back to her that Kandyce can’t see and Carilyn replies ‘And you as well’.”

“Great… just great! That’s what I needed,” Allan said, standing up and shaking both of their hands. He offered Kandyce another donut and she took one with a small smile. “Thank you so much for stopping by Ms. Cardelli… if you want, I’ll see to it that Kandyce gets back to the hangar bay so that you can go straight to the Convention.”

“That’s okay,” Adrianna said. “She’s a little uncomfortable being out of her normal work environment on the Necromancer, so I made arrangements to be absent all morning if necessary. I’ll make sure she gets back on… Sadie had another short run to make over to the Libra, but it was just to unload one crate of cargo so she should be on her way back by now.” The young Cardelli woman regarded Allan Masters thoughtfully. “That all seems to be an innocent conversation,” she said to Masters, “and I doubt a translation from a deaf person of someone speaking on a grainy video image is going to be evidence that will hold up in any normal court… much less anything we could put together out here, right now. What are you after?”

“More than evidence obviously,” Allan told her honestly. “I want to know the truth.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:24 pm 
Site Boss
Riley rested his head against the commo panel onboard the raptor he had “commandeered” for the past two days. Since receiving the message from the Grandeur he had been going over his past in fine detail. Sleep didn’t come to him despite his best attempts.

The flight over was uneventful, the raptor being escorted by two vipers from the Griffyn. Riley had a good opportunity to get a first hand visual of the small fleet of ships. Even the Grandeur was dwarfed by the Libra in sheer mass, despite the outer ring she possessed. He made a mental note to contact the MarDet commanders aboard the other military vessels. Since assuming full command of the fleet marine force he wanted to make some contingency plans for future operations.

The raptor touched down on the deck of the Grandeur and was taken to the main hanger. As Riley stepped off the stabilizer he began scanning the deck for signs of his contact, not realistically expecting any.

He began moving slowly towards the officer of the deck when a voice from his past echoed in his headset.

“We’ve been waiting for you Shadow."

Riley’s hand slowly, instinctively began moving towards his sidearm. “You’re getting soft Striker. Talking to me over a wireless instead of face to face,” Riley murmured into his microphone. “Has all of this time turned you yellow?”

The voice, which replied, was cold. “Turn around Shadow. I’ll remind you how wrong you are.”

As he turned Riley saw movement behind the nose of a small shuttle. He unholstered his weapon, keeping it at his side, out of sight. Riley began moving slowly towards the shuttle, ready to fire.

Last edited by hazend on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:05 pm 
Site Diagrammer
Cylon Resurrection Ship
Date & Time Unknown
Violating Curfew

This time Joshua made his way down to the other end of the corridor. Unfortunately for him it branched off into two directions, and both of those also had connecting corridors. He was forced several times to retreat to his starting point to avoid getting lost… if he didn’t make it back to his cell before someone noticed he was missing then he figured the probability was high that he would be executed immediately.

Unless they need to experiment on me again… he thought ominously to himself. I’m not sure which is the worse fate actually

The fact that Six had openly declared to him her desire to become pregnant intrigued him. If she were fully human and capable of bearing children then he figured they must be several weeks off of her menstrual cycle. The conclusion came easily for him, given how often and how long they had had sex over the past … how many days again? Even without true night and day shifts to go by, he had been aboard the Resurrection Ship long enough to estimate that – at minimum – he had been aboard for more than a week.

Perhaps eight or nine days. Perhaps. It all seemed so endless when most of his time was spent quietly waiting. Well, that and having lots of sex.

“…and they had the Galactica fleet cornered until their Sharon used her own version of a virus to access and disable all of our attacking ships,” someone was saying. Joshua froze in his tracks in front of the open door… he had been about to peek inside to see what was inside when the voice floated out. “So the Adamas and their damned fleet will live to fight another day.”

The speaker’s voice was male, and someone Joshua had not heard before. Curious, he decided to risk listening in on the conversation further.

“Meanwhile the Libra fleet is proving to be just as troublesome,” said a very familiar voice. He knew it well, especially when gasping and begging him to touch her there again. “Both fleets continue to spread farther apart, making the download process more and more difficult as they continue to diverge.”

“We’ll continue to chain Raider patrols together, spacing each several light months apart,” the male voice suggested. “It’s a very complex network, but their control is centralized and automated sufficiently to prevent anything except minor gaps. We haven’t lost anyone yet.”

Adama? Joshua’s mind whirled. I’ve heard of him… commander of the ship that was retiring… The conversation paused but the thoughts tearing through his mind continued to race full speed. Galactica? Libra?

He waited for them to continue and as he did so more of the last statement registered. Both fleets! He practically cheered! They were chasing survivors… and failing.

Approaching footsteps drove him rapidly back around the corner to his corridor… the one he was prepared to sprint down toward the door with the socks laying in front of it if the need arose. He could hear at least two people enter the room where the meeting was already underway.

The male voice spoke again. “Everyone, I’d like you to say hello to Carilyn Warren. Since we’ve temporarily lost the Galactica fleet again, I had her prioritized for immediate downloading… she was a delegate attending the Colonial Convention being held in the Libra fleet. We didn’t expect her back so soon, but at least now we have some new information to go on.”

“What went wrong?” That’s my Six speaking, Josh thought.

“One guess,” said an identical Number Six voice. “Kalrk and that new wife of his!”

Joshua’s mind continued to race. He had frakking seen enough of the identical copies while on Picon to become familiar with the concept by now, but the whole thing still struck him as extremely bizarre every time he ran into a new dimension of it. There were TWO Six copies in that room, and they were having a conversation with each other.

Another thought struck him… regarding his Six’s desire to get pregnant. How did he know that she wasn’t? How did he know that each time he got one of them pregnant, that they weren’t just sending a new copy to screw him? His mind continued to whirl and he felt dizzy as the conversation continued inside the conference room.

“The experiments back on Caprica are not yielding the proper results,” said the male. “We still aren’t any closer to procreation by use of sex.”

“It has to be through loving sex, watched by God,” said one of the Six models. Joshua found that he could no longer tell which one.

“Well, it certainly isn’t going to work the way you’re doing it,” stated a new female voice sarcastically. “Have you observed nothing of the love many of them share during your time amongst them? Maximizing pleasure for yourself during intercourse by any means necessary isn’t exactly how it’s supposed to work. They form relationships – often well in advance of the lovemaking process.”

“The Sharon on Galactica got lucky,” said one of the Sixes. “And she’s also lucky that D’Anna B’iers managed to get information to us that she’s still alive… that allows us to make allowances for her survival during our next attempt to wipe them out.”

“Ignore that issue temporarily. What do you want to do about the Libra fleet?” said a familiar Six voice. “They’re in the process of forming a new government, and it’s progressing much less chaotically than we anticipated. We’ve got to find a way to stop them from re-organizing.”

“We will…” said the male.

The voice faded as more footsteps could be heard approaching and Joshua was forced to backpeddle again. He decided that his time was up and returned to his “home” corridor by jogging rapidly down the hallway in his bare feet until he reached the door with his socks. Scooping them up he opened the door, re-entered his living area, and then made sure to secure the door’s locking mechanism again.

Using his cup to get a drink of water from the rest room, he sat down on the cot and wondered what would be in her brief case the next time his Six returned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:19 pm 
Site Boss
The “voice’s” owner stepped out in the open, keeping his hands in plain view, palms out. Riley immediately recognized the man, as well as the three figures that stepped out with him.

“Of course I knew you would be armed,” the man said. “Good to see you again sir.”

Riley smiled and holstered his sidearm. He stepped forward and gave the man a warm embrace. “Gods Mark, it’s been years. How did you manage to make it through this nightmare with everyone intact?”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:32 am 
Site Canon Cop
[written by Perseus]

Day 83,
around 1900 CUT
Harvest Moon

Sarah had been notified as soon as Mercurius had initiated the docking sequence, so she was already waiting for Psy and Kalrk when they left the hangar bay.

"What's going on, did something happen to Richard?" she immediately started questioning them, fearing the worst for her Richard.

“You know more than we do.” Kalrk replied. “Let’s go to my office and you can fill us in.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:18 am 
Site Raider
Day 84,
0855 CUT
Libra

It had been a good thing that she had called Gunnery Seargent Razorski, Sarah thought, when the Marine guard even went so far as to open the heavy hatch for her. Not that it would have been necessary Sarah smiled inwardly, but it''s the thought that counts.

And then she was in the brig, and her eyes fell on 'her' Richard again.... He seemed to be in the middle of a workout, he was doing pushups, and he hadn't even looked up when he heard somebody entering. That gave her time to look at him more thoroughly. His clothes looked fresh, he had been shaving....nothing like the tortured and broken man she had feared she might find.
Slowly, she approached the bars and put her hands on them.

"Richard?"

For Cole, it had just been 'yet another day' in this hole when he had woken up. After his meeting with Rodriguez he had felt hopeful again, that they would get him out of here and back to his ship, but with every hour passing, that seemed more and more unrealistic.

Even IF the let me out of here....would they give me my ship back? After accusations like that?

And so, like usual, he had immersed himself in rigorous exercise. And had goten as far as his last series of pushups, when he heard the hatch opening.

Ah, the shrink again....well, he can wait!

But suddenly, he heard a voice calling his name, and it wasn't the shrinks....

"Richard?"

Sarah? They wouldn't let her in here, would they?

Slowly he got up, took a little towel from his cot and dried his face, before turning towards his visitor.

"Are you really here or are you one of my 'hallucinations'?"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next