It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Post subject: Episode 2: Convergence
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:17 pm 
Site Boss
Previously on “Battlestar Libra”…

For forty years after the Cylon War, The Twelve Colonies enjoyed relative peace.

Then the cylons returned and ruthlessly attacked Humanity and these twelve worlds. Billions died on that one day. Civilization, as they had known it, was finished.

Battlestar Group 26 was reduced to the Battlestar Libra; two destroyers, Douglas J. Griffyn and Perseus; and some crewmembers from the obliterated Battlestar Delphinus and the unsalvageable Battlestar Solstice.

Libra has received word from Commander Adama, that he has taken command of the fleet, and that all colonial ships should meet there, to re-group. As Libra’s FTL system is damaged, it will be some hours before BSG 26 will reach Ragnar Anchorage.

Civilian spacecraft scurried about, seeking a safe haven from their cylon attackers. Others hid in complete isolation.

A few Colonial vessels banded together near an out of the way small asteroid. One of these ships has the coordinates where newly sworn in President of the Twelve Colonies Laura Roslin is gathering ships.

That was yesterday: Day Zero.

This is a new day.

Who survived yesterday, but will die today?

Last edited by hazend on Fri May 26, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:33 pm 
Site Canon Cop
0029 Colonial Universal Time
Astral Dawn

“I don’t believe it.” Communications Officer Warren Danson said to the co-pilot.

“What is it, Warren?” Phineus Gojisa asked. There wasn’t an alarm sounding. There were no cylons on DRADIS. It was eerily quiet.

“It’s tomorrow.” Danson replied. “We made it. We actually made it.”

“Tomorrow?” Gojisa asked.

“Yeah. Colonial Universal Time, anyway. It’s been tomorrow for almost half an hour.”

“Day One of the rest of our lives, Warren.”

“Yeah. ‘Day 1’: I like that. I’ll share that with the other ships.”

“Thanks to the lords of Kobol.” The co-pilot added.

Last edited by Silon on Fri May 19, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:34 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Yesterday, President and CEO of K Industries Kalrk had defended the luxury liner Astral Dawn from two cylon raiders. When a Governmental Transmitter was discovered aboard the liner, Kalrk had urged its owner, Liza Liala of the Colonial Bureau of Investigation, to accompany him away from the liner, to draw the cylons away from the liner.

And because of her transmission made past the red line, meant to attract the cylons’ attention, colonial vessels also came to Mercurius. Four other ships to be specific: a Colonial Heavy, a Pan Galactic, a space park, and the yacht Terpsichore.

Mercurius had followed Terpsichore to the agricultural cargo ship Demeter.

Kalrk liked the small agro ship and its captain.
Inga Mueller had been genuinely nice to him, beyond cordial even… friendly.

And if he were to succumb to real selfishness, he would lead them to another set of coordinates, than where the ships were gathered near his asteroid. He could simply suggest that they must have considered him dead, and had moved on.
Kalrk would have fewer questions to answer from Mueller and her crew. He was simply the President of K Industries, who had agreed to stay as a relay for Miss Liala, and had been rescued himself by the timely appearance of Major Merconi.

But would the liner and the Colonial Heavy, and the Pan Galactic and the space park be okay without him? There was a cylon aboard the park; someone had sabotaged its ftl system after it had made it to Kalrk’s position. How many other cylons could be on those ships? He had to stop those cylons.

0031 CUT
Mercurius

A flash of light in the blackness of space, was matched by two more flashes of light.

The ships were still here. He smiled.

“Astral Dawn, come in. This is Kalrk. Sorry I’m late. I’ve brought some new friends.”

Post subject: D1 ~0230 LCpl Josette Benoit
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:40 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
Josette was dead tired.

The warm shower had washed away the grime, but her heart was heavy.

Quote:
“This is the commander. This day our home worlds came under attack by the cylons. Latest reports detail all twelve of the colonies were subjected to massive nuclear bombardment from baseships in orbit. It is currently unknown if there are any survivors and we must realistically assume the colonies are gone. "

The Colonies. Gone. It was... unthinkable.

She opened her locker to put away her shampoo and stuff, and she saw it - the gaily wrapped present Aunt Claire had sent for her birthday, still unopened. She touched the multicolored paper and the riot of ribbons atop it...

It was like her heart was caught in a vise, and she doubled over with the pain of it. Her breath came in shallow gasps. It was too much! It hurt too bad! She tried to breathe but the air would just not reach her lungs. She must've made a sound, because suddenly Francois was next to her, holding her by her upper arms, shaking her, "Josette! Look at me! LOOK AT ME! Breathe! BREATHE!"

She finally reacted, and took a huge gulp of air. She tried to speak, but it came out in fits and starts, barely coherent. "Fran... I... they... Aunt Claire..." And the then the unspeakable truth, "They are gone, Frankie, they are all GONE!" It wasn't a shriek. It wasn't even loud enough to be considered a murmur. It was... a sob. A tearless one, for the pain was too new and too deep for tears. Somehow he would've preferred it if she had ranted and screamed, because seeing his friend like this was tearing him apart.

He held her tight, too tight, for a long long time, until her breathing became normal again.

Marines came and went, moving around their little island of shared sorrow.

After a while, they separated. She gave him a sad smile, "Merci, mon ami." He kissed her brow and left.

Once in the passageway, he growled his pain to the gods and hit the bulkhead again and again, until his knuckles were bloody and raw...

Last edited by Eaglestar51 on Tue May 23, 2006 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:52 pm 
Site Diagrammer
Lt. Patrick Cardelli
Raptor 727 from Aerilon
Stranded in Colonial Space

Lieutenant Patrick Cardelli leaned forward in the seat of his Raptor while he continued adjusting the makeshift splint around his left arm. He had finally managed to find two metal tools still in the ship that were long enough, but Gods! He hadn’t expected such physical strength from his ECO. What in the world was going on?

Bits of debris smacked against the hull of his Raptor as he moved to steady her course. In front of him, he could see larger chunks of blackened metal along with dozens of bodies floating ominously by.

It was difficult to believe that less than a day previously the full onslaught of a war had briefly overtaken the Colonies. Feeling frustrated and helpless he continued to adjust the splint on his arm and a wave of pain and dizziness swept over him…

Quote:
...Just as it had when he heard the first reports coming in of an all-out Cylon attack. Alarms sounded all around him as the base commander called for full alert. Patrick was stationed at an airstrip North of one of Aerilon’s largest cities. He could see vipers launching into the skies left and right with Raptors following and made up his mind that he would be with them ASAP.

As he ran toward his Raptor, his ECO – Lt. Simon Landers – joined him. They climbed into the snug nosed vessel and quickly prepped for liftoff. Since they were part of the alert task force shift currently on-duty they were fully fueled and ready to go. Moments later they were roaring up into the atmosphere.

[“Raptor 727, this is Aerilon ground station 9. You are ordered to proceed to rendezvous with the Battlestar Omega. Coordinates are being sent to you now. Assist their viper squadrons in defending against Cylon forces… we’ve received word that they’re having difficulty communicating with their own Raptors due to jamming. Provide all necessary backup.]

“Roger that,” Cardelli replied, angry that he couldn’t wipe sweat from his brow while wearing his helmet. His pulse had quite understandably ratcheted up a few heartbeats per minute. He glanced back at Landers… “Looks like this is no drill.”

“Looks like,” his dark-skinned companion replied simply.

Snapping back to reality, Patrick continued to watch the debris fly by. He remembered how fast everything had happened… by the time they had reached the Omega there was nothing left but debris. The only thing that was left of the entire battle group was a cloud of debris littering the area and partially jammed, nearly unrecognizable Dradis readouts.

“Okay, I’m taking us back to Aerilon,” Patrick had decided. “This is not working out Simon. We’re going to have to make a stand at the Colonies or we’re done for.”

“No, don’t go back to Aerilon Pat,” Simon had replied. As Patrick glanced back at his ECO with puzzlement he saw Lt. Landers set a small round metallic device in front of him. A red light on top of it lit up and Simon smiled at him. “We’re going to FTL jump to the coordinates I give you.”

Things were happening fast – true – but not so fast that he had failed to notice the gun Simon had pointed at him.

Last edited by SonOfTed on Sun May 21, 2006 7:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:45 pm 
Site Spook
Quote:
I thought we might not make it, but he kept them occupied while we made the jump! As much as I’m worried about Captain Kalrk, I’m more worried about a nutjob loose on my ship!”

POV>Liza Liala, C.B.I.

Gibbs looked over at her, and she once again spoke into the pickup.

"Captain Keramidas. Does anyone on your ship know that you discovered sabotage?"

"My engineering staff....and the bridge crew. That's about it."

"Good. Don't tell anyone else."

"What should--"

She cut him off, rather aburptly.

"Stop talking over the wireless, please. We don't know if it's secure. I will be over as soon as possible. Tell no one who is coming, or why. Please meet me personally at the airlock, or send a crew member you trust implicitly. Please inform me now who will be meeting me."

"I'll send my Deck Chief, Brad Hanson."

"Excellent."

Though he still sounded stressed, Captain Keramidas. sounded somewhat calmer than before, knowing someone was coming to attempt to deal with the situation. Liza nodded to Captain Gibbs, who reached over and cut the transmission. She turned to Gibbs.

"Captain Gibbs. I will require the use of a shuttle. In addition, I would like to request that Mister Willborn accompany me as backup....With your permission?"

"Absolutely." Gibbs agreed. "You might need back up, right? Willborn will go in coveralls.. as though he is an engineeer... and your shuttle pilot will be Miss Ludo. She's an old pro."

She let a small smile play at her lips, despite the gravity of the situation. She couldn't have asked for better than Gibbs--he was matching her at every turn, anticipating half her needs before she even requested or stated them.

>Colonial Universal Time 0017

"Miss Liala. Welcome aboard the Granduer, I'm Brad Hanson, the Deck Chief."

Hanson stuck out a hand, and she reached out and shook it, careful to not let her guard down, even now. Anyone aboard this ship could be the sabotuer. Willborn hung back, giving Hanson a friendly nod, as one engineer of sorts might do to another....But said nothing, as if he were simply along for the ride, and disinterested in what was occuring.

"If you'll follow me, I'll take you to the Captain."

"Thank you, Mister Hanson."

They followed Hanson through a maze of corridors and lifts, before finally emerging onto the Granduer's bridge, where as man whom she surmised must be Captain Keramidas looked up, relief spreading over his face.

"Miss Liala.", he said, holding out a hand to her. "And this would be?"

"His name is John. He's an engineer from the Dawn."

She didn't bother to explain why she might have brought an engineer (even though he was not, in fact, an engineer). Captain Keramidas would hopefully already know why--His entire engineering staff were automatically suspect, now. Instead, she moved briskly on, as if she considered the "engineer" to be almost a non-issue, an afterthought.

"Captain Keramidas." she said, taking the offered hand and shaking it briskly. "Let's go somewhere more private to discuss the situaton, please....."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:04 am 
Site Canon Cop
Grandeur

"Whoever did it, was a genius." Captain Gabriel Keramidas said to his two guests in his private office.

"We were lucky to have finally traced where the problem was, even. It was in an access panel in a crew corridor."

The handset rang on the desk, and he picked it up.

'This is the captain." he said into it.

A short pause, and a big smile came upon his face.

"Captain Kalrk is here! He made it! And with another ship.. called Demeter!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:20 am 
Site Diagrammer
Lt. Patrick Cardelli
Raptor 727 from Aerilon
Stranded in Colonial Space

It was a simple matter really, to wait while sitting isolated in space and knowing that your oxygen would eventually run out. Patrick shrugged a bit as he decided that his situation would be oh so much better if he had been able to save the spare oxygen bottles and medkit at the back of the Raptor. But that had not been possible given the circumstances, so Lt. Cardelli simply relaxed quietly in the pilot’s seat and continued to helplessly watch the cloud of debris - all that was left of a huge fleet of ships - float past him in the surrounding space.

Thinking back to the previous day he still had a tough time trying to fathom why Lt. Landers would want to help the Cylons, but the evidence was right there in front of him and undeniable. Taking a deep breath he held up the small electronic device that Simon had activated the day before and studied it carefully. Again he flashed back…

Quote:
Upon their discovery of the Omega wreckage, his ECO had forced him at gunpoint to hold a steady course while he scanned for wireless signals. It did not take him long to detect a civilian vessel close by.

The Cylons were playing all out seek and destroy and were accepting no surrender. And they obviously had some sort of huge advantage, because Patrick had watched in shock as Simon had relieved him of his own sidearm and then ordered him to jump alongside the nearby Colonial ship. Within seconds of their arrival a Cylon raider had popped out of FTL in front of them and fired a missile into the helpless space craft.

Patrick had watched helplessly as it exploded into glittering fragments in front of him. He gripped the controls in front of him fiercely as the Raider swerved around the pulsating remnants of the Colonial cruiser and headed straight for them. He was about to close his eyes and embrace death when the Raider had re-entered FTL and vanished with a brief flash of light.

Patrick had turned and
stared at Lt. Landers, but Simon showed no emotion as he continued to aim his weapon toward the cockpit with one hand while scanning for more ships with the other.

“That’s it,” Cardelli thought with a rush of anxiety. “I’ve gone nuts. My own ECO is helping the Cylons destroy Colonial ships.” A surge of anger roared through him…

“For Gods sake Simon, that wasn’t even a military target!” he screamed at his fellow Lietuenant.

“I’m only going to tell you to shut up once,” Landers replied icily. “Give me any grief and I’ll simply kill you and pilot this ship myself. Obey me and you will live to see another day.”

Patrick felt rage surge within him as he glanced out the window at the remains of the civilian star liner. He glared at the controls in front of him helplessly, trying to think of a way to turn the tables on his ECO. For now at least, he couldn’t.

Last edited by SonOfTed on Sun May 21, 2006 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Demeter
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:58 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
D01 0025

I was a beautiful sight: the majestic Astral Dawn, the timeless elegance of the Grandeur, the sleek efficiency of the Intersun Colonial Heavy and the Pan Galactic, outlined against dark space...

"I don't like it; we're sitting ducks here." Thorny looked at her husband and rolled her eyes. Putz had been the voice of doom since they unlocked from the AerStar docking station.

Inga shook her head and closed her eyes for an instant. She was not surprised at her cousin's reaction; from earliest childhood, Helmut had always done the same thing when he was nervous or upset - deny and retrench, maintain the staus quo at all costs, find objections to every course of action... But sometimes, sometimes, his negativity was not unwarranted.

"Thorny, let's keep that FTL engine ready, okay? Just in case we have visitors." The captain spoke, and Putz was satisfied that his concerns were not dismissed. Thorny muttered something under her breath and left for the engine room.

Inga was alone with Putz on the bridge. She wished Karl was beside her, but early in their marriage they had agreed - actually, Karl had declared and she had agreed - that he would NOT intervene with her role as captain of the ship. He seldom visited the bridge; she realized with a start his presence there after their jump to safety was the first in over 5 years, and it was probably because of the girls.

She sighed. "Well, Putz, I think it's time we meet our new friends." She switched to frequency 8386: "This is Captain Inga Mueller from Demeter. I'd like to speak with Capt. Gibbs of the Astral Dawn, over."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:50 pm 
Site Deer Slayer
Colonel Brennan Herald
Destroyer Douglas J. Griffyn Actual
- in CIC

Quote:
“This is the commander. This day our home worlds came under attack by the cylons. Latest reports detail all twelve of the colonies were subjected to massive nuclear bombardment from baseships in orbit. It is currently unknown if there are any survivors and we must realistically assume the colonies are gone.

In addition the colonial fleet has been all but destroyed. Admiral Nagala was killed along with the destruction of the fleet.” He paused for a few moments but was greeted with only silence. Rodrigues took a deep breath and continued. “After forty years we believed the cylons had gone their own way, leaving us in peace. Why they have returned, why they have committed themselves to mass genocide is unimportant now.

What is important is our survival. If we are to stay alive we must band together. We must trust each other. We must never give up hope. We will never surrender I promise you.

I have received word Commander Adama on the Galactica has assumed command of the fleet. We will be getting underway to meet the Galactica and any other colonial ships at the Ragnar Anchorage. From there we will repair, rearm, and get back into the fight.

You are all here because you are the best the fleet has to offer. I am truly proud to have each and every one of you as my crew and I will work tirelessly to keep your trust. I ask that you mourn the dead later. We have a job to do. Again, trust in your officers and each other. We will get through this.

And when the time comes…we will avenge our dead.”

Herald stood there, the words registered in his ears... but not in his mind.
" PAPA!," his little girl said as she ran towards him with open arms. Then she faded away into blackness.

Quote:
“Stand to your duties. You are the finest men and women the colonial military has ever trained and you will prove that every time you meet the enemy.

All ships set your coordinates to Ragnar. Make way on my mark…Mark.”

" You heard the man people, bring sublight engines online and match Libra's speed, and set course for Ragnar," he said.

" Braddock, get me Libra Actual," Herald asked.

" Channel open sir," Braddock said.

Herald picked up the handset," Commander, we need to assess the damage on the Colonies for ourselves, requesting that Griffyn should send a recon team of two of our Raptors to each Colony, and orbit just long enough to detect any signs of life," he queried to the Commander.

Post subject: Re: Demeter
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:11 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Quote:
She switched to frequency 8386:
"This is Captain Inga Mueller from Demeter. I'd like to speak with Capt. Gibbs of the Astral Dawn, over."

near a little asteroid

["Hello, Captain Mueller. Welcome to you and your crew and all souls aboard Demeter! This is Don Gibbs on Astral Dawn. Thank you for talking some sense into Captain Kalrk, and getting him back here."]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:23 pm 
Yesterday, during BSG 26's battle with the baseships

James"Rough Rider" Dodson inverted his Mark Vii Viper and landed about the Libra. He hadn't made contact with anyone from the Solstice, maybe the Libra had sent an SAR team? Or maybe Cylon Centurions boarded and killed every living thing...

On the Flight Deck, he grabbed a Deck Hand and asked him where he where the CAG was.

"Major, I'm Major Dodson of the Solstice. The Cylons who attacked us, they used some sort of virus or electronic jamming to shut my wing down. The only reason my bird was still able to fly is because it's been in need of overhaul for the past three months. If you have any older model Vipers aboard, I suggest you field them....What are my orders?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:25 pm 
Site Spook
Quote:
"Captain Kalrk is here! He made it! And with another ship.. called Demeter!"

POV> Liza Liala, CBI
Grandeur

She allowed a satisfied smile to spread briefly across her face, while the Captain spoke to whomever was on the other end of the line. Kalrk was back--with another Colonial vessel, no less.

As soon as the Captain ended the call and turned back to her, however, she wiped the smile off her face, all business once more.

"Excellent news, Captain. However, the urgency of the issue at hand..."

Keramidas nodded his agreement so strongly and quickly that she nearly expected hsi head to bob off his shoulders.

"Yes, by all means. As I was saying...The sabotage occured from an access panel in a crew corridor."

Damn. While they could likely rule out passengers, in that case, it still left nearly the entire crew.

"Alright. So, many people would have had access to the panel in question. But you described the job as 'genius'....How many people who had acess to the panel would also have had the requisite knowledge and skill to do the type and level of damage that you discovered?"

"Take down the FTL from the panel, and leave all other systems in tact? Ten, maybe 12 people at most, on the outside. And the last two...unlikely. Very unlikely."

He looked nervous now, and had an expression on his face, as if had swollowed something bitter. Which is what she would have expected from a man who was being forced to methodically name off who among his formerly trusted crew had turned out to be a nutcase. Or, even worse, the possibility whispered in the back of her mind....a Cylon collaborator. Some might dismiss it as ridiculous...But she had turned it over and over in her mind, and she couldn't see any way the Cylons could have taken out all the Colonies--crippled their defenses practically like magic--without inside help. That made the situation potentially even more dangerous than if it were a simple case of a suicidal nutcase, snapped from the destruction of everything. And despite Keramidas' assertions that the final two names were unlikely, she wanted them all. Needed them all.

"Which twelve, Captain?"

Last edited by ViperChickKaliyla on Sat May 20, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Demeter
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:30 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
SilverLantern wrote:
"Hello, Captain Mueller. Welcome to you and your crew and all souls aboard Demeter! This is Don Gibbs on Astral Dawn. Thank you for talking some sense into Captain Kalrk, and getting him back here."

For the first time since the attack, Inga laughed, "I'm afraid I can't take any credit for that, captain Gibbs! Our friend captain Kalrk has a mind of his own - but he was kind enough to come with us, for which we thank him." More somberly, she asked, "Any more news?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:00 pm 
Site Canon Cop
Quote:
And despite Keramidas' assertions that the final two names were unlikely, she wanted them all. Needed them all.

"Which twelve, Captain?"

Gabriel Keramidas rattled off the 12 names, which included:
8 from the Engineering Staff, including the Chief Engineer whom Keramidas had worked with for almost 2 years;
3 members from the Electrical Staff, includind the Cheif Electrician; and
the ship's systems' re-designer, who was aboard for this shakedown voyage.

"Those are the twelve that have the knowledge to do what was done, Miss Liala."

Last edited by Silon on Sun May 21, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next