It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What did you think about the final episode
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:43 pm 
Libra Superfan
Libra Superfan
I thought the battle scenes were cool. I like how they gave the cylons their freedom, but overall I was a little dissapointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 am 
Over a week later and I still haven't made up my mind on what I thought about it. Some parts were totally kickass awesome and some parts were bad and confusing... but I can't decide on the overall impression.

It did inspire me regarding where to take my on fanfic, so that's a plus. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:31 pm 
Site Gunslinger
I liked the action stuff! :D

I also liked that Kara Thrace turned out to be an angel, and I liked Roslin's death; it was a good death.

I'm not sure how I feel about ALL the surviving people agreeing to do away with technology... seems to me that some of them, at least, would have protested Lee Adama's edict.

I'm not sure how else it could have ended, though.

But why haven't our archeologists found any fossil evidence of the Raptors, etc., that they did bring down to the planet? :rofl:

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper, about budget cuts for the US’s intelligence agencies: "We're not going to do more with less and all these other clichés. . . . We will just simply have less capability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:55 pm 
I had the same question. ADM. Adama took a Viper down and even after the fleet flew into the sunlight, Adama was using a Raptor and Galen mentioned being on the last Raptor out. Even if once the people were spread out, and all the Vipers, Shuttle and Raptors were taken back to the fleet at least one small craft had to be used to bring those pilots back to the planet. Even fossilized remains their jewelry and military decorations, heck, advanced medical and dental work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 pm 
Site Raider
It's a valid point. There should be *some* remains left...

On the other hand, 150.000 years is a very long time. All the metallic components of the ships would have *rusted* away by then, so there would be a lot less material.

Another thing to consider is what the people would do with the Raptors after a few generations. Nobody would know how the things worked, so maybe they just took apart what was left and used the rest as tools or something?

One more theory: I read a fanfic that had a part of the colonials collect all the technology and build their own civilization with it...and calling it "Atlantis". This would take care not only of the "technological remains" aspect but also of the "why did nobody protest against Lees edict"-angle. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:24 am 
Raider X wrote:
One more theory: I read a fanfic that had a part of the colonials collect all the technology and build their own civilization with it...and calling it "Atlantis". This would take care not only of the "technological remains" aspect but also of the "why did nobody protest against Lees edict"-angle. :D

Gods frakking damnit! :evil: That's very similar (including the link to Atlantis) to the ending I was thinking about for my fanfic. Now I'll have to think up something else to not feel like a rip-off. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:45 am 
Site Gunslinger
Faustling wrote:
Raider X wrote:

Gods frakking damnit! :evil: That's very similar (including the link to Atlantis) to the ending I was thinking about for my fanfic. Now I'll have to think up something else to not feel like a rip-off. :(

Meh, Faust, don't worry about it. As us Libra writers say "GMTA" -- Great Minds Think Alike!

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper, about budget cuts for the US’s intelligence agencies: "We're not going to do more with less and all these other clichés. . . . We will just simply have less capability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:58 am 
Can you post a link to that fan fic? I am interested in reading it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm 
Site Raider
I'll look for it tomorrow and post it here...it's over on http://www.fanfiction.net ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:22 pm 
Do you remember the name? I am reading one of the stories found there, and have a couple others bookmarked for later reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 am 
Site Raider
Got it...it's by a writer calling himself subsailor2115 and it's called "New Earth".

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4946952/1/New_Earth

It's short, but pretty good, IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:32 pm 
Great, thanks! I will check it out very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:52 pm 
Site Raider
You're welcome.