It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Caprica - the Series
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:26 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
WOOHOOO!!!

Esai Morales has been cast as Joseph Adama!!!

Some of you may recall him as Lt. Rodriguez in NYPD Blue and Mj. Edward Beck in Jericho - he's an awesome actor... and easy on the eye, too.

http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/u ... 8J1i4Tog--

http://esaimorales.bravehost.com/myPict ... ay2004.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:26 am 
Site Legal Eagle
And Eric Stolz will play Daniel Greystone!

Another wonderful actor who does "conflicted" beautifully - he once played a contrite pederast priest who must choose between protecting the sanctity of the confessional and exposing another priest (a bishop, no less!) to solve a crime and protect the children. He chose the latter, but the agony of breaking his vow as a priest was something to behold.

If the quality of the talent is any indication, Caprica is shaping up to be a tour the force.

Post subject: Caprica Trailer!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:32 am 
Site CyberBiker
CAPRICA trailer from SciFi.com:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/index.php?clip=4&sub=specials

-----
Also, the Cylons are invading satellite TV! Number Six is posing as spy handler "Carla" on USA Network's Burn Notice (Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell), while Number Eight is passing herself off as rich girl "Akani" in the addiction-intervention drama "The Cleaner" (Benjamin Bratt) on A&E.

I'm withholding judgement just yet on The Cleaner; after seeing just two episodes, I'm not hooked. But Burn Notice rocks! Donovan's cheap-spy-novel style voiceovers, Anwar's trigger happy girls-with-guns attitude, and Campbell's comically serious dialogue... this is spy drama that doesn't take itself too seriously, and it makes for a great show.

Whoa, I think I should be writing for TV Guide... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:41 am 
Site Legal Eagle
Not to mention that Helo is/will be in Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" - now under development. It's a neat, albeit kinda derivative, premise - a mysterious outfit that provides agents with implanted memories for their clients' "jobs." The agents' memories, real or implanted. are wiped clean after every job...

Helo plays an FBI agent investigating the company...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:17 am 
Site Gunslinger
I watched the Caprica trailer... it looks really good, but I still have some doubts. The premise seems very soap opera-ish to me.

However, if SciFi gives RDM a free hand with it, there's reason for hope!

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper, about budget cuts for the US’s intelligence agencies: "We're not going to do more with less and all these other clichés. . . . We will just simply have less capability."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm 
Site CyberBiker
It does, I think, reveal a possible explanation for the Final Five. In the trailer, it seems that the first Cylon is a mnemonic replica of a dead child. That could possibly explain how Colonel Tigh could be a Cylon and still have a long life history on the Colonies. It could also explain why the chrome toaster Cylons, perhaps a lower-tech offshoot of the child replacement research, eventually developed biological versions of themselves - it was a return to their origins. This would mean, of course, that the Tyrol, Tory and Anders models were made later, during the Cylon War, either by the original human builders or possibly by the Cylons (or even Tigh?).

One other possibility that I see in this - since the dead girl/replacement girl in the trailer appears to be a member of the Adama family... doesn't that raise the possibility that Bill Adama might have been a synthetic child - a Cylon?

:twisted: R/L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 pm 
But the FF come from the home of the thirteenth? That's what the Hybrid said. Ofcourse you could interpretate this in many different ways. But aren't they Humanity's "true" children?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm 
Site Legal Eagle
Was it the hybrid who said it, or the Three known as D'Anna?

I think it was D'Anna, but I may be wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:09 pm 
I thought the Hybrid said it when she got shut down or when she got reconnected.. not certain..